Start ordering with Uber Eats

Order now

Northern Territory Document Requirements

August 14, 2018 / Australia

Upload documents to your profile

In order to meet regulatory requirements in Northern Territory, we’ll need you to upload a few documents, include your driver’s licence and vehicle insurance. Find out more information below or head straight to your profile to upload your documents.

Upload documents

Jump to a specific document

Required Documents:

Driver’s licence (front)Driver’s licence (back)
Vehicle InsuranceCommercial Passenger Vehicle ID
Commercial Vehicle Licence

Driver’s licence (front)

All driver-partners in the Northern Territory must hold a valid, open Australian Driver’s Licence and must have held and Australian Driver’s Licence for at least 1 year.

The front of your driver’s licence my clearly show:

  • Your full name
  • Your photo
  • Date of birth (must be over 21 years of age)
  • Licence number
  • Expiry date (in the future)
  • Licence class as unrestricted (provisional and learners licences are not accepted)
  • Your address
  • H endorsement

Driver’s licence (back)

The back of your driver’s licence must clearly show:

  • Change of address sticker (if applicable)

Vehicle Insurance

All driver-partners in the Northern Territory are required to show proof of the appropriate level of CTP and third party property or comprehensive vehicle insurance information for each vehicle on their profile.

The provided insurance certificate of currency must clearly show:

  • Your name as either the policyholder or a listed driver
  • Your vehicle’s registration
  • Your vehicle make (e.g. Toyota)
  • Your vehicle model (e.g. Camry)
  • Your vehicle year (e.g. 2016)
  • Expiry date (in the future)

Commercial Passenger Vehicle ID

To drive using the Uber app in the Northern Territory, you must obtain a Commercial Passenger Vehicle ID (CPVID) from the Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics.

The Commercial Passenger Vehicle ID Card must clearly show:

  • Your name
  • Your photo
  • The ‘Approved to Drive’ class must be RIDESHARE
  • The expiry date
  • The CPV number

Commercial Vehicle Licence

The Department of Infrastructure, Planning and Logistics requires all driver-partners to hold a current Commercial Vehicle Licence for every vehicle they wish to drive using the Uber app. To apply for a Commercial Vehicle Licence, the vehicle must hold a current vehicle inspection report. Once you have obtained your Commercial Vehicle Licence, upload a photo of the sticker.

The CVL sticker must clearly show:

  • CVL Number
  • Rideshare – SPV class