People eat with their eyes. Showcase your menu photos to thousands of hungry customers and capture the soul of your cuisine and restaurant ambience.
By putting your best foot forward, your menu photos can be the clincher that attracts new and undecided customers to get to know your food.
Before your shoot
To get the most out of your menu photography, here are some tips on how to prepare:
- Have the dishes prepared by the time the photographer arrives: The photographer has a strict start and end time. Make sure you’re ready to go so you can make the most of your booking time.
- Prepare dishes that you will be featuring on the platform: Showcase your specialities and best sellers with individual dishes and at least 3-5 dishes for your hero photo.
Menu photography tips
- Make your food stand out: Choose a table or countertop, for example marble or wood, that is unique to your restaurant. This allows you to differentiate yourself when customers see the menu photos.
- Add props: When taking individual menu photos, we recommend adding creativity with appropriate silverware, chopsticks and napkins. Remember, the placement should always feel natural.
- Colour draws attention: Add colours and textures with garnish and decorations, but be sure to keep it a true representation of your restaurant’s dishes.
- Plate size matters: Choose packaging and plates that don’t dwarf the portion of the meal.
- When in doubt, keep it simple and true to your food.
Love these tips? Download this as a one-pager.
Posted by Uber Eats
How Central can help keep business moving across industries
Uber and EVSE partnership: supporting our goal of becoming a zero-emission platform
Alcohol Delivery with Uber Eats
Up: Portable Microservices Ready for the Cloud