The Melbourne Cup Carnival has finally arrived, and this year we’re teaming up again with our friends at Drinkwise and the Victorian Racing Club to ensure we’re your safest bet on and off the track.
We’ll be onsite every day of the carnival, so come and find us at one of three DrinkWise UberZONES located around the track.
And to make sure we’ve really got you covered, this year we will also be running #UberBOAT and UberCHOPPER on selected routes.
If you’re choosing Uber this Spring Racing Carnival here’s what you need to know…
Arrive in style
Where ever you need to go this Spring Racing Carnival, you count on us to get you there. Arrive in style at one of three Uber DrinkWise ZONEs located around the track
1: Make your way to one of the three on site safe pick up zones. You can find us by following the signs on-site, or by opening your Uber app and following the prompts. The pick up zones are located in the following areas of the venue:
2: You will be unable to request any other location at the event. Uber representatives will be on-site to direct you to the zone.
3: Request Like A Pro. Once you’ve requested in the safe pick up zone, kick back and charge your phone, grab a water, and wait for your ride to arrive.
4: Your Uber Is Arriving Now. UberCONCIERGE will connect you with your ride
Order your Uber to Main/Rose Gate UberZONE if you’re heading to:
- The Birdcage
- The Rails
- The Nursery
Order your Uber to Elms Gate UberZONE if you’re heading to:
- The Winning Post
- Members Stand
Order your Uber to Hill Gate UberZONE if you’re heading to:
- General admission
- The Park
The fastest way off the track this Melbourne Cup Carnival? Your #UberCHOPPER is now arriving…
*UberCHOPPER & UberBOAT fees have been subsidised by Uber and are not a VRC service.
UberCHOPPER will be the fastest way for you to get off the track this Spring Racing Carnival. To find out how you and five mates can beat the gridlock this year, here’s what you need to know:
How it works:
- Open the app at Flemington racecourse after the last race
- Select the “CHOPPER” option
- Accept the payment option – bookings will be priced at $1000 per CHOPPER, and this will cover up to six passengers
- Once your request is confirmed, you will be asked to meet at the pickup point
- Your #UberCHOPPER is ready for take off: Strap yourself in and enjoy the ride
You’re invited to set sail with us…All aboard #UberBOAT!
Want to arrive in style this racing season? Welcome aboard the #UberBOAT. For two special race days – AAMI Victoria Derby Day and Emirates Stakes Day, for $15 we will be treating some lucky racegoers to an UberBOAT ride.
We’ll be picking passengers up from the floating pontoon located directly outside the Exhibition Centre, and sailing straight to the track.
Get in quick, there will only be a limited number of spots available.
How it works:
- Head to the floating pontoon located directly outside the Exhibition Centre
- At 10:15am open your Uber app and scroll to select the BOAT option
- Accept the $15 flat fare
- Get on the boat and enjoy the 1 hour cruise down the Yarra on your #UberBOAT
- You will dock at the Flemington pontoon near the Elms Gate UberZONE where an Uber ship hand will walk you to the entrance