We’re working to gather up-to-date information about government financial support that you may be eligible for in VIC and how you can request it.
Small Business COVID Hardship Fund
The VIC Government has put a support grant in place to help small businesses impacted by the lockdown, including sole traders like Uber driver-partners and Uber Eats delivery people. Eligible businesses can claim $14K if they are able to demonstrate a 70% reduction in turnover for a minimum consecutive two-week period from 27 May 2021 as compared to:
- For businesses that were actively trading in 2019: A consecutive two-week period between 27 May 2019 and 10 Sept 2019
- For businesses that were not actively trading in 2019: A consecutive two-week period between 1 Feb 2021 and 28 July 2021
To be considered eligible, small businesses must:
- Be registered for Goods and Services Tax (GST) on and from 28 July 2021
- Hold an Australian Business Number (ABN) and have held that ABN on and from 28 July 2021
Federal Government’s COVID-19 Disaster Payment
Driver-partners and delivery people who do not meet the VIC grant’s eligibility criteria may still be eligible for the federal government’s relief payment. Please note that you are not able to apply for both state and federal grants.
To be considered eligible, individuals (incl. driver-partners and delivery people) must meet the below criteria:
- Be an Australian resident or hold a visa that gives you the right to work in Australia
- Full eligibility criteria here
- Did not receive the Pandemic Leave Disaster Payment or other state or federal payment.
Federal Government’s Pandemic Leave Payment
Federal support is available for individuals who can’t earn an income because they must self-isolate or quarantine, or are caring for someone with COVID-19.
As VIC responds to COVID-19 by limiting movement, we know this has had a particularly tough impact on drivers and delivery people like you. If you have any questions, you can contact our support team via the Help section of your Driver app or driver-partners can give us a call at 1300 091 272 – 7 days a week, from 8am to 11.59pm Australian Eastern Standard Time.