Helping users deliver with Connect
Connect allows users to send packages to family and friends. It’s an affordable same-day, contactless delivery solution that keeps people feeling connected.
If you have signed up to deliver via the Uber Eats app using a car, you will soon start receiving Connect delivery requests in Melbourne, Geelong, Brisbane, Gold Coast, Cairns, Sunshine Coast, Townsville, Adelaide, Perth, Hobart, Canberra, Darwin, Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch. We will let you know when Connect delivery requests will be available for you in your city. Connect allows users to send packages to family and friends. It’s an affordable same-day, contactless delivery solution that keeps people feeling connected.
Earnings breakdown for deliveries with Connect
As Connect allows users to send packages to family and friends it has a different pricing structure compared to other delivery offerings on the Uber Driver app. You will still receive the minimum earnings for each delivery request upfront so you can decide whether you want to accept these types of delivery requests. Delivery fares may vary based on city.
|The base amount is calculated on estimated delivery time and distance.|
In certain circumstances, the upfront fare will be adjusted post-trip when there are:
– Higher than usual estimated traffic conditions
– You must complete a return trip
|Connect specific promotions may be provided to you, from time to time.|
Currently, neither Boost nor Surge promotions will be available for Connect deliveries.
|You will receive a cancellation fare paid by the user in some set circumstances.|
– A requestor cancels a delivery request more than 5 minutes after requesting it, and the delivery person is running on time (within 5 minutes of the ETA).
Delivery person initiated cancel:
– If you arrive at the pickup location, wait for 5 minutes, and then cancel for requestor no show.
|Any tips you earn from delivery recipients are in addition to your other delivery earnings and will be reflected in the delivery receipt. You keep 100% of tips.|
|Tolls (where applicable, for motorised vehicles only)|
|Tolls legitimately incurred between pickup and drop-off will be reimbursed to you. Tolls are not included in the upfront minimum earnings amount displayed when you receive a delivery request but will be shown in the delivery details screen after you complete the delivery.|
Frequently asked questions:
- When will I start receiving Connect delivery requests?
- What upfront delivery information will be displayed on my app before I accept a Connect request?
- Is the time and distance shown on the delivery request screen from when I accept the delivery request?
- Does the amount shown upfront on the delivery request screen include my tip?
- Does the amount shown upfront on the delivery request screen include tolls?
- Are the rates in gross or net?
- How can I make sure I get paid the minimum amount shown on the delivery request screen?
- Will I always get paid the exact amount shown upfront on the delivery request screen?
- What are the rates?
- What promotions are available?
- What happens if I decline a request?
- If I need to return the item to the requestor, will I get paid for the return delivery?