Uber—official rideshare partner of the Adelaide Fringe Festival
Since 2012, Uber has connected over 3.8 million people in Australia, with the people and places they care about. From your front door to Fringe—and everywhere in between—Uber will get you to where you need to be, reliably and on time.
We’re thrilled to team up with Adelaide Fringe to make sure you don’t miss a moment of festival action!
Held from 15 February – 17 March 2019, the southern hemisphere’s largest arts festival is set to dazzle audiences with a sensational program of cabaret, comedy, music, art, performance, and circus acts.
Ride to Win with Uber
To celebrate our partnership as the official ride of Adelaide Fringe, we’re giving away tickets to this season’s greatest shows!
To enter, just follow these easy steps:
- Open your Uber app, scroll down to ‘I want to win Adelaide Fringe tickets!’, tap the link to opt into the competition and tell us in 25 words or less what you love the most about Uber.
- Ride with Uber in Adelaide during the festival dates (15 Feb – 17 Mar 2019).
- We’ll select the best answers based on their creativity and humor on the 21st and 28th of Feb and the 7th of March.
- Check your emails to find out if you’ve won!*
*Terms and conditions apply.
Dedicated Uber zones at Adelaide Fringe
When you arrive at Adelaide Fringe, your Uber driver-partner will drop you off at the Uber zone located at Fringe Corner, which is our dedicated area for safe and convenient dropoffs and pickups. When you’re ready to leave the festival, simply head to the Uber zone at Fringe Corner and your driver-partner will meet you there.
You can find the zone on the corner of East Terrace and Rundle Road. For more info including a map, check out the Adelaide Fringe digital guide.
Ready for your escape act?
Check out our tips for to ensure you enjoy a smooth and hassle-free Uber pickup, especially at busy areas or at major events with crowds.
Send your driver-partner pickup messages
The ‘pickup messages’ function on the Uber app makes it ’easier than ever to give your driver-partner a quick status as they make their way to you. Here’s how to update your driver-partner on your status:
- Tap ‘Any pickup notes’ to choose a pre-written message, or send your own.
- Tap ‘send’
- Your message will be read aloud to your driver through the app.
Use Spotlight colours to connect with the right ride
Uber’s Spotlight feature lets you stand out of the crowd, so you know you’re getting into the right ride, every time. Here’s how it works: once you’re matched to a driver-partner, simply tap the Spotlight coloured button in the bottom right corner of the app and follow the prompts.
As your driver-partner approaches, simply hold up your unique Spotlight colour in your app. The driver-partner will see this same colour in their app, so they know to look out for the right rider.
Updating your pickup location
If the pickup location you’ve chosen isn’t as exactly where you’d like it to be, no fret, you can easily adjust it after you’ve requested a ride. Here’s how:
- Tap your pickup location.
- Type a new address or drag your pin to the correct location on the map.
- Tap ‘Confirm’ to complete your request.
New to Uber? Get $20 off your first ride
Download the free Uber app at UBER.COM/APP and use the promo code: ADLFRINGE19 to get $20 off your first Uber ride*.
*New users only. Valid in Adelaide. Expires 17/3/19. Excludes Uber Eats.