Expo 2020 is right around the corner, which means that millions of visitors can experience the best art, culture, science, innovation, and invention. Expo 2020 Dubai will run over a period of 6 months—from 1st October 2021 to 31st March 2022.
We want to give you information that can help you have a memorable experience, should you choose to ride with Uber.
What to expect?
Pickups and dropoffs
The Expo 2020 site is organized into 3 pavilions – Sustainability, Mobility and Opportunity – where visitors can be picked up and dropped off.
You can be directed to the Uber dedicated pick up and drop off lanes either through the Uber app way finding instructions or via the on ground signage available at the venue.
We are also launching an exciting new pickup process for the Expo 2020, designed to provide you with a seamless and safe experience. This process will only be available at the Expo, for Uber Select, Uber XL and Uber Black.
Simply follow these instructions upon arrival at one of the Expo 2020 pavilions to request trips, noting that pick-ups at the Expo will be different than usual on the Uber App:
- Open the Uber App, add your dropoff location and choose 1 of the 3 Uber product options (Select, XL, or Black)
- Choose a pickup spot
- Wait for a PIN code to be generated
- A PIN code will be visible on the Uber App. The pickup lane is on a first-come-first-serve basis, so wait for your turn at the designated spot
- Once it’s your turn, provide the PIN code to the driver. He will add your PIN to his Uber App and you’re ready to ride. Remember to verify your driver and vehicle details as well
This new feature is available only at the Expo 2020 site, only for Uber Select, Uber XL and Uber Black.
Safety and support
If you need help with any issues, you can contact us 24/7 by using Uber in-app support.
While on the road in Dubai, keep these tips in mind:
- Wearing face coverings or masks at all times, as required by the local authorities
- Let friends and family know where you are at all times by using the share trip feature
- Confirm your driver’s name and vehicle once your Uber App PIN codes have matched to ensure you are getting in the right vehicle
- Your feedback matters, so remember to rate your drivers