By volunteering time, sharing our technology, and finding great partners, we’re standing with the organizations that are helping to make people’s lives better in the communities we serve.
Teaming up with nonprofits
Partnering with nonprofits can help make the most meaningful impact for everyone. Learn more about our priorities below.
We help underserved populations, particularly women, move toward economic empowerment and inclusion through access to education, career training, and other opportunities.
Helping prevent impaired driving is one of the ways we make roads safer. We also use our platform to help prevent human trafficking and enforce safety guidelines, so trips can be welcoming for everyone.
In the event of emergencies or other times of need, we’re in our communities to support residents with meals, donations, and access to reliable rides to get to a safe place.
Diversity and inclusion
We help support organizations that work with educators, schools, and youth, so that the next generation of people entering the workforce reflects the communities we serve.
Our technology has transformed mobility for many people with disabilities, and we’re committed to continuing to help develop solutions that support everyone’s ability to easily move around their communities.
Because of our local presence around the world, it’s our responsibility to help connect and positively affect the cities and customers we serve, every day.
Meals on Wheels, San Francisco
Every Wednesday morning, as part of a pledge Uber took with 12 other local companies, Uber employees deliver groceries to homebound seniors at more than 10 residential buildings, where the need is greatest.
Feeding Canadian Kids, Toronto
Since the beginning of 2019, Uber has arranged over 400 deliveries of nutritious meals to children at afterschool programs across the greater Toronto area.
Services for the UnderServed, Brooklyn, New York
Uber NYC employees came together to redevelop an urban farm by breaking down flower boxes, cleaning up, and planting trees to make way for a greenhouse.
Apply for an Uber Community Impact Initiative grant
We believe in joining forces with like-minded community organizations to make a difference locally.
The Uber Community Impact Initiative is a program that seeks to remove transportation as a barrier to accessing economic opportunity for underrepresented people, including women, immigrants, and/or people of color.
Nonprofits that apply and are selected will receive a grant consisting of Uber ride credits and a cash donation.
Top questions from nonprofits
- What are the eligibility requirements to participate?
For your application to be considered, your organization must meet the following requirements:
- The primary mission must be to support economic empowerment for underrepresented people, including women, immigrants, and/or people of color
- It must be located with programs operating in a participating city: Chicago, IL; Dallas, TX; Los Angeles, CA; New York City, NY; San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA; Toronto, Canada; Washington, DC
- It must be registered as a nonprofit entity with a national or international reach
- All riders participating in the program must be at least 18 years old
- Grants will be for one year, and all rides must be used within one year from the effective date
- Your organization must support our anti-discrimination policy and be aligned with our core values of nondiscrimination
- Political or partisan events or programs are not eligible for Uber donations
In addition, you must be authorized to submit on behalf of the organization.
- Can Uber sponsor a political campaign?
No. Political or partisan events or programs are not eligible for Uber donations.
- Can Uber sponsor a charitable program led by a government official or entity?
Any donations to government-owned entities or those sponsored by government officials require preapproval from Global Compliance.
- What other kinds of events or programs are not eligible for Uber donations?
The following are not able to receive funding from Uber:
- Organizations already under a current funding agreement or multiyear commitments
- Events and conferences
- Promotional merchandise
- Individual needs, including scholarships
- Labor or political organizations
- Fundraising initiatives such as galas
- Travel funds for tours, expeditions, or trips
- Rides where the intended beneficiary is under age 18
- Donations (cash or in-kind) that would violate our Terms of Service, or any situation where gifts would be prohibited by federal, state, or local laws
- How much can I request?
Additional cash donation requests are allowable up to 20% of the total ride credits donation request (though requests aren’t required to include cash donations).
The total donation request (rides plus cash) cannot exceed $60,000.
Uber reserves the right to make suggestions to funding amounts based on activities proposed.
- How long does the application process take?
If your application is approved, you’ll be contacted by a member of Uber’s corporate giving team at the end of the current evaluation period. Because of the volume of requests we receive, we unfortunately can’t respond to all funding requests.