Although Uber will not be operating a dedicated pickup and dropoff zone at the big music festivals in Coachella Valley this year, we’re here to help you plan ahead so you can make the most of your time on the road and take advantage of special earning opportunities.
Special rewards for event pickups
You’ll earn an extra $20 for every eligible completed pickup from designated rideshare lots around the polo grounds in Indio each weekend from 10pm to 3am.** See your Promotions hub in the Driver app for more information.
3 festival weekends
- Friday, April 14, through Sunday, April 16
- Friday, April 21, through Sunday, April 23
- Friday, April 28, through Sunday, April 30
Where to pick up and drop off at the event
Uber is not managing a dedicated pickup and dropoff zone at the festivals this year. Event organizers will provide 2 lots around the polo grounds for all rideshare drivers to pick up and drop off riders.
North Pickup/Dropoff | Lot 1D
Event organizers encourage drivers to access the North Pickup by taking Dr Carreon Blvd east, making a right on Jackson St south, turning right on Ave 50 west, making a right on Monroe St north, and following signs to turn left into the rideshare lot at the corner of Ave 49 and Monroe St.
South Pickup/Dropoff | Lot 13A
Event organizers encourage drivers to access the South Pickup by taking Jefferson St south, turning left on Ave 52 east, making a left on Madison St north, and following signs to turn right into the rideshare lot at the corner of Ave 52 and Madison.
Safety and other tips
- Navigation: For the most updated road closure information, we recommend using Uber’s Driver app for routing to and from the event.
- Help stop human trafficking: If you see something suspicious, please call 888-373-7888.
- Smoother trips: Remember to observe standard traffic laws and follow the directions of parking staff, police officers, and signs around special events.
- Avoiding tickets: Picking up and dropping off riders in restricted areas may result in a citation from law enforcement. Please remember that payment for any citations incurred is the responsibility of the driver.
- Communicating with your rider: Given the volume of people expected to be leaving the event, it’s highly encouraged to contact your rider through the in-app chat once you arrive in the designated lot, to help them find you.
- Identity check: It’s helpful to confirm your rider’s name to ensure that the person getting in your vehicle is the one who requested the trip.
- 2-way ratings: Your feedback matters. Low-rated trips are logged, and users may be removed to protect the Uber community.
Promotion and rate increase reminders
*These increased rates are only for drivers who pick up riders within the Greater Palm Springs Market between 12am – 11:59pm on a Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday between April 14 and April 30. Eligible trips must be completed within the time period and begin at locations specified within the app or within this offer. These offers apply to completed trips on all vehicle types and canceled trips are not eligible. Increased rates are applied to earnings, net of all tolls, fees and surcharges. Increased rates are not a replacement for surge pricing and trips will still be eligible for surge pricing if applicable. Uber reserves the right to withhold or deduct payments in the event of error, suspected fraud, illegality, or violation of driver terms or these terms. Offers are subject to change or withdrawal at any time and without notice. This is a promotional offer and is not a promise or guarantee of future earnings.
**This offer is only for drivers who directly received the promotion message from Uber and pick up riders from the polo grounds in Indio between 10pm – 3am on a Friday, Saturday, and/or Sunday between April 14 and April 30.
Eligible trips must begin within particular locations and be completed within the time period specified in the app or in this message. This promotion applies to completed trips on all vehicle types. Canceled trips are not eligible. Please check promotion details in the app for more information on offer restrictions. The service fee is not applied to the reward amount. Please consider driving-time limits when starting your promotion.
Uber reserves the right to withhold or deduct payments in the event of error, suspected fraud, illegality, or violation of driver terms or these terms. Offers are subject to change or withdrawal at any time and without notice.