Cape May County has partnered with us to bring the convenience of Uber for free to help you get around in your community. You will now see Cape May FareFree as a vehicle option in your app. This is called the Cape May County Fare Free program.
Rides with Cape May County Fare Free Transportation are available within Cape May County from Monday through Friday, 8am to 4:30pm.
How to get started
Sign up for the Cape May County Fare Free program
- Fill out the Cape May County Fare Free eligibility application that fits your situation.
- The county’s team will contact you to let you know when your account is ready to use.
Once you’re in the program, you’ll receive an email from Uber to activate your Cape May County Fare Free profile.
How to activate your account
- Look for an invitation from Uber for Business in your inbox (be sure to check your spam filter). If you don’t see the invite, please reach out to the Cape May County program administrator to make sure they have your correct email address and ask them to send the email again.
- Click on the link in the email to accept your invitation to the program.
How to request a ride
- Open the Uber app while you’re within Cape May County.
- Enter your destination.
- Select the Cape May FareFree option on the vehicle selector screen.
- When requesting your ride, you’ll see an “Add an expense code” screen. Please enter your expense code.
- Complete the request by tapping Choose Cape May Fare Free at the bottom of your screen.
For answers to frequently asked questions about the Cape May County Fare-Free Transportation Program, go here.