Miami entrepreneurs, your big break is arriving now.
For Miami Tech Week, we’re teaming up with local investors to deliver opportunity at the tap of a button. On Wednesday, December 9 from 11 am – 3 pm, you could have 15 minutes to pitch your startup idea to an investor – all in the backseat of an Uber ride.
That’s not all: The entrepreneur that delivers the winning pitch will receive a prize courtesy of Rokk3r Labs – either $5,000 to invest in his / her startup OR an invitation to participate in Rokk3r Lab’s exclusive Think Phase program, valued at $25,000.
UBERPITCH BRINGS POTENTIAL INVESTORS TO YOU – AND A CHANCE TO WIN
HOW IT WORKS
|David Chitester||Florida Funders|
|David Rivera||Independent Angel Investor|
|Estaban Reyes||57 Capital|
|Kathleen Chitester||Florida Funders|
|Mike O’Donnell||Startup Biz|
|Natasha Petrukhin||Rokk3r Labs|
|Nico Bernardi||Accelerated Growth Partners|
|Paul Taormino||Tamiami Angels|
|Rhys Williams||New World Angels|
|Richard Yules||New World Angels|
|RJ Joshi||Cross Valley Capital|
WANT TO PRACTICE YOUR PITCH?
- Venture Hive is hosting a free pitch class Tuesday, December 8 from 2 – 4 pm (Venture Hive, 1010 NE 2nd Ave, Miami 33132) RSVP HERE
UBERPITCH GRAND PRIZE + CLOSING RECEPTION
- The entrepreneurs with the top 5 pitches will be invited to a final round to pitch before a panel of judges for the grand prize at the PITCH closing reception, Wednesday, December 9 @ 4:30 pm at WeWork Lincoln Road. RSVP HERE
- WeWork Lincoln Road is located at 350 Lincoln Road, however the entrance is on Washington Avenue. Upon arrival, please proceed to the second floor. See you there!
- About the Think Phase program: The Rokk3r Labs Think Phase delivers go-to market and funding strategies, market analysis, tech roadmap, and a budget/operational plan for any startup idea, at any stage. With 3 billion new minds coming online, and the rate of innovation skyrocketing as a result of technologies like artificial intelligence, 3D printing, and machine learning becoming more accessible, the Think Phase helps entrepreneurs navigate the unknown with confidence.
- Think Phase guidelines:
- The Think Phase does not guarantee any kind of business success following its completion.
- Rokk3r Labs and the entrepreneur(s) are not obligated to continue the partnership after the Think Phase is completed, unless mutually agreed.
- To the best of the entrepreneur(s’) knowledge, their concept does not infringe/violate intellectual property of any third party.
- A standard Rokk3r Labs Think Phase legal agreement will be shared with the entrepreneur(s) to review prior to starting the Think Phase.
- About Rokk3r Labs: Rokk3r Labs is the best place in the world to launch companies that change the world. It is a platform for entrepreneurs to create startups that perform at least 10x greater than competitors, and a strategic partner for investors and organizations to increase value, mitigate risks and stay at the edge of innovation. With a focus on leveraging exponential technologies (e.g., the blockchain, artificial intelligence, and 3D printing) and implementing new-age methods of raising capital, Rokk3r Labs is harnessing global collective genius to cobuild companies that change the world. Currently, Rokk3r Labs has a portfolio of 26 companies. Visit www.rokk3rlabs.com to learn more.
ROKK3R LABS PITCH CRITERIA
Investors will rank each pitch on a scale of 1 – 10, considering the following main criteria outlined by Rokk3r Labs:
The big-vision potential of the idea to change the world or cause a massive cultural shift;
The potential of the idea to leverage algorithms, machine learning, and other exponential technologies that are rapidly accelerating the rate of innovation;
The investor’s likelihood of investing in the entrepreneur based on the drive, passion and excitement of the entrepreneur with respect to entrepreneurship and their idea.
The top 5 ranked pitches will be announced at the event, where these entrepreneurs will get to pitch. In the event of a tie, the qualitative comments from the investors will be leveraged to break the tie. Each entrepreneur will be given 3 minutes to pitch their idea, and the judging panel will reserve an additional 2 minutes for Q&A. A panel of judges will judge the 5 pitches based on the 3 criteria above, and in addition, will more in-depth consider the following 5 components:
Product/Market fit – what is the potential of this idea to achieve the the best product/market fit.
Technology innovation – what is the potential of this idea to properly leverage technology and is there room for this to be taken to the next level.
Validation – to what extent has this idea been validated against one or a number of target groups, and what is the potential for this as the idea progresses.
Revenue/User generation – what is the potential of this idea to either generate revenue, or acquire a large group of users, and what is the potential time frame for this.
Experience – how does this idea put a target user at the centre of the experience, and how will the idea help the target user execute a task or solve a problem.