Uber is working with the polo match organizers to get all the information you need for smoother pickups and dropoffs at the big event on Saturday, October 2, 2021.
- The match takes place at Will Rogers State Historic Park from 11am to 5pm on Saturday, October 2
- It’s expected that attendees will be looking for rides from the event between 3pm and 6pm
Where to pick up and drop off
Please note: pickups and dropoffs are not permitted on-site at the park.
- Event attendees are required to take shuttles to and from designated event transit hubs in Santa Monica and Pacific Palisades:
- Dropping off: Riders attending the event will have assigned locations based on their ticket type with instructions for where they can be dropped off to board the event shuttles.
- Picking up: After the event, riders will take shuttles from the park to one of the designated transportation hubs to request a ride. The Driver app will provide instructions for pickups, and you can look for directional signs when approaching designated pickup locations.
Increased earning opportunities
- Trips from the event’s designated pickup areas may be eligible for special promotions. It’s recommended to check the Promotions section of the Driver app on the day of the event for more details.
- Face-cover guidelines: Please note: everyone riding, driving, and delivering on Uber’s platform must wear a face cover or mask. Learn more here.
- Smoother trips: A reminder to observe standard traffic laws and follow the directions of parking staff, police officers, and signs around special events.
- Avoiding tickets: Picking up and dropping off riders in restricted areas may result in a citation from law enforcement. Please remember that payment for any citations incurred are the responsibility of the driver.
- Identity check: It’s helpful to confirm your rider’s name to ensure that the right person who requested a ride is in your vehicle.
- 2-way ratings: Your feedback matters. Low-rated trips are logged, and users may be removed to protect the Uber community.