When you get a flu shot, you’re not just keeping yourself healthy. You’re helping everyone around you stay healthy, too.
Every year, the flu affects 20% of the population–but it doesn’t have to. Every person who receives a flu shot reduces the risk of others getting the flu by 50-60%. We can all fight this thing together.
This flu season, we’re delivering free flu-fighting care packages across the country. When you receive a pack, you’ll have the option to request a free flu shot from a registered nurse–for up to 5 people.
Over the last three years, people from Boston to Cape Town have had the opportunity to press a button and fight the flu. And we’re confident that together–with a sprinkle of care and a dash of technology–we can build a healthier future for everyone, in every city.
Here’s how you can do your part:
- Open your Uber app between 11am and 3pm tomorrow
- Request the ‘Health’ option
- You’ll get a free care package and the option to receive the Fluzone® vaccine for up to five people
- Pick a comfy spot and a registered nurse from Passport Health will administer the shot and handle all paperwork
We want you to know that demand will be high–so we really appreciate your patience. Thank you for taking the time to take care of yourself and the people around you.
Participating Cities/States: Albany, NY; Baltimore, MD; Boston, MA; Birmingham, AL; Chicago, IL; Columbus, OH; Hartford, CT; Wilmington, DE; Houston, TX; Jacksonville, FL; Manchester, NH; Portland, ME; Providence, RI; Syracuse, NY; Washington, DC
Unable to get Uber for Health, but still interested in getting a flu shot? Use VaccineFinder to find the nearest shot provider nationwide.
- Free. Maximum of 1 care pack and 5 flu shots per request
- All vaccinations (appropriate for ages 4 and up) will be administered by a registered nurse through Passport Health
- All consent information and paperwork stays between the recipient and them
About Dr. John Brownstein, PhD: John Brownstein, Ph.D., is Professor of Pediatrics and Biomedical Informatics at Harvard Medical School and is the Chief Innovation Officer of Boston Children’s Hospital. He is Uber’s first advisor in the field of health care.
About Passport Health: Passport Health is the largest and leading provider of corporate wellness solutions and immunization services in North America. With 280 travel clinic locations, a commitment to first class medical care, and rigorously trained medical staff, Passport Health sets the immunization industry standard and is a proud partner of this initiative.
*Sources: The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, “Vaccine Effectiveness,” United States, August 2016.