We’re proud to partner with ACL Music Festival to improve your festival experience. With pickup and dropoff points around the festival and other surprises for riders and drivers, this will be an ACL Fest to remember. Check out the pro tips below to make the most of riding and driving with Uber during ACL Music Festival.
Transportation to and from ACL Music Festival
Pickup and dropoff points near the festival
Ride with Uber and get to the festival with your whole crew. From shared rides—like Uber Pool—to a bigger vehicle to fit everyone—like Uber XL—there’s a ride for any occasion. Get to the festival stress-free with pickup and dropoff points around the park.
- When you’re ready to go, type “Austin City Limits Music Festival” or “Zilker Park” into your app as your destination. This will update your dropoff point to the nearest dropoff point around the festival.
- After the festival, head towards the corner of Barton Springs & Lamar or cross the lake on the pedestrian bridge under Mopac to Austin High School to request a ride. You will still use your app to request a ride as normal.
Perks for riders at…
You’re in control of the playlist at Uber | Radio Live with a larger-than-life live radio on the path to the festival. The band comes to you straight from inside the radio, bringing your song selection on demand.
We blew the radio up to maximum proportions, with monitors placed on either side to let you know, “Your song is arriving in X minutes”.
- Barton Springs Saloon (parking lot) on the corner of Barton Springs and Lamar
- Friday, October 5 through Sunday, October 7 (weekend 1 only)
- 11am-4pm daily (weekend 1 only)
- Vote for your favorite ACL song to be played live by the giant radio stage band
- Enjoy special pop-up performances by Austin-based Uber driver-partner bands
- Pick up an exclusive discount for your next Uber ride—and other special surprises for riders!
Cruise on two wheels with JUMP electric-assist bikes
Due to traffic in the area, riding a JUMP electric-assist bike to Zilker Park may be the quickest way to get to the festival. Available directly through your Uber app, JUMP Bikes have electric-assist technology to power you over hills and distances that are more difficult on a normal bike.
- Pro tip: Carry your festival gear with JUMP Bike’s convenient basket on the front of the bike.
- For only $2 for the first 30 minutes (plus tax), you can cruise from most places in central Austin to Zilker Park in record time.
Pro tips for riding to and from ACL Music Festival
- Share your location with your driver. Riders can show their exact location to their drivers by turning on Live Location Sharing. Location sharing is only during the pickup experience.
- Share your trip with loved ones. You can now share your whereabouts and trip status with friends and family, all right from the app.
- In-app chat directly through the Uber app to contact your driver for the perfect pickup.
- Spotlight. When you’re in crowded areas or it’s nighttime, it can be hard for you and your driver to find one another. With Spotlight, you can light up your phone with a special color specific to your driver.
- Get in the right car (and other safety tips). Before you get in the car, check that license plate, driver photo, and driver name all match what’s listed in the app. Rides can only be requested through the app, so never get in a car with a driver who claims to be with Uber and offers a ride.
Driving with Uber for ACL Music Festival
Are you ready for one of the busiest weekends in Austin? ACL Music Festival will rock Zilker Park from Friday, October 5, to Sunday, October 7, and Friday, October 12, to Sunday, October 14. As the Official Ride of ACL Music Festival, we hope to connect you with more riders and remove the stress by letting you know what to expect driving during ACL Fest.
Ride requests tend to be high throughout the day, with peak times usually between 9pm–11pm.
- There is no official pickup and dropoff zone. Riders are encouraged to head east on Barton Springs Dr. and cross Lamar Blvd. and go to Lee Barton Dr. to request a ride.
- Lee Barton Dr. and Lamar Blvd. are both southbound only. Please use Riverside Dr. to get to Lee Barton Dr.
- Please be respectful to all on-the-ground officials and follow directions from law enforcement, as instructions and map may be subject to change.
In-person support at the Greenlight Hub
We’re dedicated to helping you. We’ll be at the Greenlight Hub (507 Calles Street) during the festival to help out when you need us.
- Friday, October 5 (10am-6pm)
- Saturday, October 6 (10am-5pm)
- Sunday, October 7 (10am-5pm)
- Friday, October 12 (10am-6pm)
- Saturday, October 13 (10am-5pm)
- Closed Sunday, October 14
We’re here to help at every turn. As a reminder, if you ever need support, contact us:
- In person at the Greenlight Hub in East Austin (507 Calles Street)
- On the phone with phone support. Available 24/7 and located within your Driver app
- In the Driver app in the ‘Help Section’
Pro tips for driving during ACL Festival
- Use Uber Navigation to see real-time road closures while driving. Uber Navigation will also allow you to see the rider’s real-time location during the pickup (if enabled by the rider).
- Go to ‘Account’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Navigation’ and select ‘Uber’
- 7 tips for staying safe while driving with Uber. We consulted with drivers, law enforcement officials, and road safety experts to develop 7 safety tips for you to keep in mind when on the road.
- Share My Trip. A new feature to let loved ones know where you are. You can now share your whereabouts and trip status with friends and family, all right from the app.
- The new Uber Driver app. The new Driver app helps you earn smarter with real-time information. Easier to use and more reliable, the app now supports you—like a partner—at every turn.
- Drive with confidence. You deserve to be able to go wherever the opportunity is. Get there with support on the road and technology that helps protect you and those around you.
Thanks for riding and driving with Uber, we’re proud to support ACL Music Festival.