1. Sign up online
Got an email address and a smartphone? Great, now tell us a bit more about yourself and we’ll get you started.
2. Get a license
If you already have a Swedish taxi driver's license, you can proceed to the next step. If not, we’ll help you through the application process.
3. Upload your documents
Time for some paperwork. There are a few documents we need to see:
- Driver's license (you need to be at least 21 years old, and have held a driver's license type B for minimum two years or have a driver's license type D).
- Swedish taxi driver's license (Taxiförarlegitimation)
- Profile photo
If you have your own taxi business and taxi vehicles (åkeri), we also need to see copies of the following documents:
- Taxi operating license ("Taxitrafiktillstånd")
- Certificate of incorporation ("Registreringsbevis" from Bolagsverket, if AB, KB eller HB, or "Registerutdrag" from Skatteverket, if "enskild firma".)
- Bank statement ("Kontodetaljer")
- Photos of your vehicle(s)
- Photo IDs for board members and company owners
4. Get a vehicle or find a Fleet Partner (Åkare)
Are you a Fleet Partner (åkare) and have a vehicle that is registered for taxi use? Then you just need to make sure it meets our Vehicle Requirements in Sweden.
Do you need a vehicle or find a Fleet Partner (åkare)? Check out our Vehicle Solutions below. Remember that you’ll make more money if you keep your costs low.
5. Activate your account
If you’ve completed all the above steps, congratulations! You’re ready to activate your account and start making money.
Register for VAT
It usually takes 3 to 5 weeks to complete the VAT registration process. This page (https://www.uber.com/se/en/drive/tax-information/) walks you through the basics.
To get specific advice about your personal circumstances, you should consult a tax advisor.
What else do you need?
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.