Uber is a great way to be your own boss and make money. Most people are eligible to drive with Uber. Here’s what you need to know if you’re driving in Bucharest, Cluj, Brasov, Timisoara, Iasi and Constanta.
Start the process
Are you over 21 years old and do you have a 2 years old driver licence and a clean criminal record?
If you meet these conditions, you can start driving with Uber. You will need:
-Operator licence (You can have your own SRL or PFA or collaborate with a partner who is an international VAT payer and has the license you can find one here )
-Driving history (released in the last 30 days)
-Criminal Record (released in the last 6 months)
–Professional Driver Certificate
–True Copy for the vehicle
–Sticker for alternative transport
–Insurance for passengers and luggage
Steps to obtain your Driver Certification
1) Take a medical test for obtaining your professional certification 2) Take the courses of an authorized school and prepare for the exam. See list of schools & medical centres we collaborate with per city.
3) In order to enroll for the exam, you need to pay RON 67 at the post office and the fee of RON 41 after the exam, for collecting the driver certificate.
4) Check on ARR website, your exam date
5) You have to go to take the exam but remember that you have to present the following documents for the exam:
- ID card ( original document)
- Exam file. Please ask your school when will you be able to pick it up from them - day of the exam or before
- The receipt for 67 RON
6) After passing the exam you will need to request your certificate at your ARR office (after 4 days of passing the exam) with the following documents:
- ID card and Driver license (original documents)
- Exam file + Picture 25/32 mm
- The receipt for 41 RON ARR releases the Driver Certificate in 2 weeks.
Steps to obtain your true copy for the vehicle
Steps to obtain your true copy for the vehicle 1) Make a new technical inspection for your car with 6 month validity in your ITP certificate. This is a requirement of the alternative transport regulation
2) If you collaborate with a partner, he will need to request the true copy for you. You need to make a contract between the owner of the vehicle you will drive and the partner (types of contract: free lease, rental, or leasing, the most common being the free lease)
3) Car registration certificate and vehicle card
4) The fleet partner takes over the documents and submits the application for obtaining the true copy from ARR
5) The partner will hand over the true copy to the driver after receiving it from ARR
See a list of accepted vehicles below.
Activate your account
If you completed the above steps, congratulations! You are ready to be active and start earning.
2. Upload your documents
Time for some paperwork. There are a few documents we need to see:
- Driving license (minimum 2 years)
- ID card (minimum 21 years old)
- Professional driving certificate for drivers in rental regime
- Clean criminal record
- A driver profile photo
- Must be a forward-facing, centered photo including the driver’s full face and top of shoulders, with no sunglasses
- Must be a photo only of the driver with no other subject in the frame, well-lit, and in focus. It cannot be a driver’s license photo or other printed photograph
5. Activate your account
If you’ve completed all the above steps, congratulations! You’re ready to activate your account and start making money.
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.