With over 50 cellar doors to choose from, dozens of artisan purveyors and rolling hills with an abundance of native fauna and flora, Adelaide Hills is a favourite among locals and visitors alike.
Although just 20 minutes from the CBD, getting to, from and around the region historically meant a quick rock, paper, scissors to pick the designated driver or paying for a private chauffeur.
Until uberVINO arrived that is…
Starting today, local residents and visitors will have a new convenient, reliable and affordable way to explore the Adelaide Hills wine region, with the launch of uberVINO in Adelaide.
Whether you’re travelling interstate, visiting from overseas or simply fancy visiting your favourite winery, uberVINO means you can request your own safe, affordable and reliable driver at the push of a button.
“With the Festival Season underway, we are extremely excited to welcome uberVINO riders into our wine region. With 50+ wineries throughout the Adelaide Hills and only 20 minutes up the freeway, the service will offer a flexible, safe and reliable way to experience our diverse wine offerings,” – Nicole Roberts, Executive Officer, Adelaide Hills Wine Region.
New to uberVINO? Enter the code ‘UBERVINOADL’ in the app to receive $20 off your first uberVINO ride! Expires 31/3/2017.
Your designated driver app
With uberVINO you can make Uber your designated driver app – so you can sit back, enjoy the food and wine, without worrying about who’s going to drive home.
“Plan your winery tour to ensure you can have a great day out and get home safely. Remember to DrinkWise and uberVino this weekend,” – John Scott, CEO, DrinkWise.
More clarity and control over your tour
uberVINO means you have clarity and control over the cost of your ride. With a simple hourly fare of $39/h (calculated 65c per minute), you can create a wine tour to suit your wallet and your schedule.
You can stop the tour whenever and wherever you like, and there’s no limit to the time or distance on uberVINO trips. Please note there is a minimum fare of $50.
Exclusive uberVINO rider offers
We’re working with some of the best wineries in the region to offer uberVINO riders exclusive offers and discounts to enhance their visit. This includes:
|Anyone for golf? Take a swing at Sidewood’s hole-in-one challenge with a complimentary bucket of balls before enjoying a complimentary tasting of their premium wine range.|
|Indulge in The Lane’s private tasting room with a complimentary Block series tasting, and 2 for 1 Indulgence and Experience tastings, which you do not want to miss.|
|The Somerled Shiraz is a show stopper, and they’re giving uberVINO riders a complementary half glass of their flagship Somerled Shiraz for every half glass purchased from their stable of wines.|
|A fun, bright and beautiful cellar door. Come say hello to Coco the dog and indulge in an exclusive complimentary tasting of Artwine’s flagship Montelpuciano. Every two uberVINO riders also receive a gift voucher valued at $10.|
|If you’re feeling a bit peckish, why not stop by Woodside Cheese who are offering 50% off a $20 cheese pack served in a takeaway thermo bag.|
How it works
- Enter the address of the first winery you’d like to visit in the Adelaide Hills.
- Select uberVINO and request a ride between 10am – 4pm, Wednesday – Sunday throughout March and if successful a driver will pick you up and take you to your winery.
- When you’re nearly done at the first winery, call or text your driver using the Uber app, they’ll be waiting for you in the car park.
- Enter a new Adelaide Hills winery into your app and your driver will be automatically updated with your next destination.
- Your driver will end the trip upon your request.
- The trip is calculated at 65c per minute (an hourly rate of $39 p/h), with a minimum fare of $50.
- You can stop the tour whenever you want. There’s no limit to the time or distance of your uberVINO trip, just a minimum fare of $50.
- uberVINO is for riders aged 18 years old or older.
- No alcohol is to be consumed in the vehicle.
- Howard Vineyard is not available for visits by uberVINO riders on Saturday.
- Maximum 4 people per car.
- uberVINO trips are only to and from the Adelaide Hills region. Using uberVINO outside the Adelaide Hills is prohibited. Standard uberX or uberBLACK rates (as applicable) will be applied to any uberVINO trips taken outside of the Adelaide Hills.
Famished? Well UberEATS has got you covered. Enter the code UBEREATSVINO and get $10 off your first order. Expired 30/6/2017.