Language: EN | VN
Vietnam, choice is a beautiful thing and it’s always been our vision to provide millions of Vietnamese with more choice in transportation. Since we entered the market just over a year ago, hundreds of thousands of commuters have moved around Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi with Uber as their preferred choice. Still, there were many who never had the chance because of Uber’s cashless payment system. Well, we’ve heard you Vietnam, and are excited to announce that starting today, Uber will now be accessible to everyone with the introduction of CASH as an alternative payment option.
That’s right – you get all the Uber awesomeness and even more options when it comes to paying for your ride because again, choice is a beautiful thing. Simply choose the CASH option, take a ride and pay your driver directly in cash at the end of the trip.
This is an experiment and the cash option will roll out gradually to all riders over the coming weeks. With this, Vietnam becomes the first country in Southeast Asia and only the third country worldwide after India and Kenya where Uber has introduced cash payments.
We have worked hard to create a seamless cash payment option that is truly Uber to better serve the community. Vietnam was specifically selected for this experiment because it provides us with the right environment to test a new payment option amongst a sizeable and sophisticated rider and driver community in the Southeast Asia region. The insight we gain from your usage and feedback is what will make this a successful test. So take rides and share your feedback with us at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you do not see the cash option then worry not. Not all of you will see cash right away as will be testing with a select few at first but gradually expanding this option to more and more people.
Uber has enjoyed tremendous support in Vietnam and we are excited to experiment with cash payments on the Uber platform. With products such as uberX, UberBLACK and UberEXEC, riders in Vietnam already have access to many choices that offer unrivalled variety of reliable, convenient and safe transportation alternatives and cash further expands that universe to even more people. Cash payment has already been successfully launched in 7 cities globally and we are thrilled to roll this out in Ho Chi Minh City and Hanoi today.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Open up the app and go to the menu in the top left corner and select Payment tab
- Select ‘CASH’ as your payment option
- Confirm your pickup location and payment method
- Request for a ride
- Before you get out, pay the amount shown in-app, directly to the driver in cash – No haggling required!
- Cash option is only available for trips in Hanoi and Ho Chi Minh City
- A valid Uber account is needed to be able to book a ride and pay in cash
- This is an experiment and not everyone will see the cash option right away, this will gradually be expanded to more and more people over time
- Please make sure you have enough cash for the trip
- You will not be able to make part payments on cash trips with your credit card and vice versa
- Fare adjustments are not possible for cash rides
- There is no booking fee or additional charge to riders
New to Uber?
ENTER THE PROMO CODE
to get a free first ride!
(Up to 150.000VND | Valid until September 30th)
Team Uber Vietnam