How to drive with Uber in Sweden
Uber is a great way to be your own boss and make money. Most people with a taxi driver's license are eligible to drive with Uber. Here’s what you need to know if you’re driving in Stockholm, Gothenburg, and Malmö.
Hit the road
1. Sign up online
Got an email address and a smartphone? Great, now tell us a bit more about yourself and we’ll get you started.
2. Get a license
If you already have a Swedish taxi driver's license, you can proceed to the next step. If not, we’ll help you through the application process.
3. Upload your documents
Time for some paperwork. There are a few documents we need to see:
- Driver's license (you need to be at least 21 years old, and have held a driver's license type B for minimum two years or have a driver's license type D).
- Swedish taxi driver's license (Taxiförarlegitimation)
- Taxi operating license (Taxitrafiktillstånd) - if you are a Fleet Partner (Åkare)
- Profile photo
- Must be a forward-facing, centered photo including the driver’s full face and top of shoulders, with no sunglasses
- Must be a photo only of the driver with no other subject in the frame, well-lit, and in focus. It cannot be a driver’s license photo or other printed photograph
4. Get a vehicle or find a Fleet Partner (Åkare)
Are you a Fleet Partner (åkare) and have a vehicle that is registered for taxi use? Then you just need to make sure it meets our standards in Sweden. Do you need a vehicle? Check out our Vehicle Solutions. Remember that you’ll make more money if you keep your costs low. If you are a driver and you want to find a Fleet Partner (åkare) to drive for, check out Fleet Partners.
5. Activate your account
If you’ve completed all the above steps, congratulations! You’re ready to activate your account and start making money.
If you need help with any of the steps, please contact us through chat or by visiting an Uber Partner Center in Stockholm or Gothenburg.
What we do for you in Sweden
Get more from Uber
Let’s make every Uber trip hassle-free. Our support pages can help you set up your account, get started with the app, adjust fares, and much more.
Got questions? Get answers. Enjoy personal support through chat or at an Uber Partner Center in Stockholm and Gothenburg.
The information provided on this web page is intended for informational purposes only and may not be applicable in your country, region, or city. It is subject to change and may be updated without notice.