How to drive with Uber
Uber is a great way to be your own boss and earn extra cash. Most folks are eligible to drive on the Uber platform—here’s what you need to know.
Most people can drive with Uber, even if you don't have a car or commercial permit. Requirements vary by city, but there are a few minimum requirements:
- Meet the minimum age requirement
- Be legally allowed to drive in your country
- Watch a short training video
Before hitting the road, share the documentation below. If you want to use your own car, you’ll also need to provide registration and insurance.
- Valid documentation to drive in your country
- Proof of residency in your city, state, or province
- A driver profile photo
- Must be a forward-facing, centered photo including the driver’s full face and top of shoulders, with no sunglasses
- Must be a photo only of the driver with no other subject in the frame, well-lit, and in focus. It cannot be a driver’s license photo or other printed photograph
After signing up, take a few minutes to complete a screening online. It'll review your driving record and criminal history.
Hit the road
It's easy to get started
Sign up online
Tell us about yourself and your car, if you have one. If you don’t, we’ll help you get one.
Share some documents
We’ll need a copy of your driver's license and some information for a screening. You can also sign your agreements online and add a vehicle to your account.
Activate your account
Bring your car to a local activation center, or partner with a transport company and drive using their vehicles. Requirements vary by city, so sign up to see more information.