Your guide to delivering non-food items
You will notice that you may receive delivery requests for non-food items starting 1 March 2021. Instead of delivering meals from restaurants, you will be helping businesses send items to their customers in your community. These items could include groceries, pet food, toys or even retail clothing. You will be automatically opted-in on 1 March 2021. If you are unable, or don’t want, to complete these deliveries you can opt-out at any time, you can do this by going here and selecting “I want to opt out of receiving non-food trip requests”. Please note we are currently not offering this service in NSW and only in select cities.
Non-food item deliveries will have the same pricing structure as meal deliveries. Find out more here.
How it works:
- Receiving requests: You will receive requests for non-food deliveries in your Driver app. You’ll see that it’s a non-food delivery request as it will say “package” on the top right of the request screen.
- Arriving at the pickup location: Your Driver app will navigate you to the pickup location. You’ll be able to see information for where to pick up the items in your Driver app. If you’re having trouble finding the pickup location, you can contact the sender in the Driver app.
- Picking up the items: You may need to park and leave your car to go collect the items. Look for items labeled with the information shown in the pickup notes of your Driver app, and bring them to your vehicle. If you’re having trouble finding the items, you can contact the sender in the Driver app.
- Navigating to the drop-off: After you securely place the items in your vehicle, start the delivery and follow the navigation as usual.
- Dropping off the items: Follow the drop off information in app or if permitted leave the items at the door when you arrive at the drop-off location, and take a photo of them in a safe place.
- Ending the delivery: End the delivery in the driver app by swiping “delivered”.
Don’t want to complete non-food deliveries?
You can choose to opt-out of non-food deliveries at any time. You can do this by going here and selecting “I want to opt out of receiving non-food trip requests”.
Answering your questions about delivering non-food items from businesses:
- How are non-food deliveries different to Uber Eats deliveries?
- What is the pricing for non-food deliveries?
- Where do I pick up the item(s)?
- Picking up an item – what do I need to do?
- What items are allowed on a non-food delivery?
- Will items already be packaged?
- Dropping off an item – what do I need to do?
- What if I can’t find the drop-off location, or have issues parking?
- What if an item is damaged on a delivery?
- What if items are missing at pickup or drop-off?
- Are there weight and quantity limits?
- How do I stop receiving non-food delivery requests?