Mumbai, choice is a beautiful thing and from today many of you will be able to pay for Uber rides using your prepaid wallet, debit card, credit card and now even CASH. That’s right – simply choose the CASH option, take a ride and pay your driver directly in cash at the end of the trip.
If you do not see the cash option immediately, worry not. We will be rolling out this option to all our riders slowly over the next few weeks.
“Mumbai we are thrilled to finally roll out cash as a payment option for you starting today. The last few weeks have been challenging for you due to other transportation options being severely disrupted. We want you to know that Uber has a simple commitment and goal: to keep Mumbai moving, safely and reliably no matter what. We are excited to launch Cash in Mumbai, and give millions of commuters another reliable option to pay for their preferred way to ride.”
–Shailesh Sawlani, GM, Uber Mumbai.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
- Go to the Uber app and click on ‘Set pick up location‘
Click ‘Change‘ on the available payment method
- Make sure you have enough cash for the trip
Select ‘Cash‘ as your payment method
Hit ‘Request a Trip‘ and get riding
- You will not be able to make part payments on cash trips with your Paytm wallet and other payment options, and vice versa
- Before you get out, pay the exact amount shown to you & your driver – No haggling required!
- A valid Uber account is needed to be able to book a ride and pay in cash
- Not everyone will see the cash option right away as we are testing and rolling it out slowly
- You do not need any minimum balance in your Paytm wallet to be able to book rides with cash as your payment option
- Fare adjustments are not possible for cash rides
NEW TO UBER?