Push a button and get a motorbike: saving time and money by sharing a ride
We’re excited to announce the launch of uberMOTOR today, allowing anyone in Jakarta, to push a button and get a motorbike ride in minutes.
uberMOTOR gives more choice to riders, at a lower cost but with the same high quality Uber experience; and to motorcycle drivers, who can now access technology to help them cover the cost of their trips by sharing the journey with another Jakartan.
We’re also making it easy to pay with cash, or credit, which makes the Uber experience more accessible to a new community of potential riders, and drivers, who prefer cash – from pushing a button to get to work, to having cash on hand to top up petrol from day to day.
Whether you’re behind the wheel or on the back of a motorbike, we want to make Uber a service that is truly for everyone. UberMOTOR is a great way to help hundreds of thousands of people get access to cheap, reliable transportation, and get around Jakarta, with a little help from technology.
Actor, social media personality and Youtuber, Arief Muhammad or known as Poconggg is the first person in Jakarta try uberMOTOR out for a ride. He requested uberMOTOR through the Uber app, ride and record his unique experience for his Youtube vlog.
To celebrate the launch of uberMOTOR, we’re giving away free rides to first time users. Simply key in uberMOTORJKT to get a free ride worth Rp 75,000. We can’t wait to hear more from the Jakarta rider and driver community about their first uberMOTOR experience and invite everyone to share your feedback and #MOTORPHOTO today.
Here’s how it works
- Choose the uberMOTOR option in the app. Enter your pickup location and payment method. Request your ride.
- We’ll show your driver’s details straight away–name, photo and the details of the motorbike.
- All riders and drivers have to wear a helmet in Jakarta by law. So your uberMOTOR driver will have one on hand for you.
- Uber’s standard product safety features are in place before, during and after every trip, including GPS tracking, 2-way feedback and the ability to share trip details with family and friends.
- At the end of the trip, you’ll pay by cash or credit and in either case we’ll send you an electronic receipt.
- Supply will be limited during the launching period
To become a motorcycle or scooter partner–and share the costs of your trips–go to:
uberMOTOR is the most affordable ride in town:
BASE FARE: Rp. 1.000
PER KM: Rp. 1.000
PER MIN: Rp. 100
MINIMUM FARE: Rp. 1.000
Language: English / Bahasa Indonesia