Ahoy, Cairo! Your UberBOAT is Arriving Now
At Uber, we’re always hard at work figuring out how to make cities easier to navigate. Cairo traffic is a force to be reckoned with, and we’d like to jet you through it with flair, style and a little splashing around.
Starting this Tuesday, 17** May, 2017, for a limited time only, we’ll be partnering up with Nile Taxi, raising our masts (well not exactly) and taking over one of the longest rivers in the world!
No need to be in de-Nile, you can now request your UberBOAT and smoothly sail to your destination with only a tap of a button.
WE’VE PARTNERED UP WITH NILE TAXI AND YOU CAN NOW REQUEST YOUR UberBOAT
With 10 docking stations covering Zamalek, Downtown, Garden City, Giza and Maadi – you can take your eyes off the road, enjoy the view, and get (almost) anywhere on the map in less than 25 minutes!
- TGI Fridays – Maadi
- The Platform – Maadi
- Yacht Club (Members Only) – Maadi
- TGI Fridays – Giza
- Sea Scout – Giza
- Four Seasons – Garden City
- Sequoia – Zamalek
- Le Bon (Sawi Culture Wheel) – Zamalek
- Le Pacha 1900 – Zamalek
- Nile City Towers – Nile Corniche
Whether you prefer sailing solo or with the whole party – our UberBOATs can take up to 4 riders. So, gather the crew, request and hop on-board!
No looting available
Who said boat rides can’t be easy on your pocket? UberBOAT will be available at a 50% discount – that’s an 80EGP flat fare/boat ride to any destination.
|Your Crew||Total Price||Per Person|
Sailing Solo |
Double Trouble |
Three’s a Crowd|
The Whole Party|
Don’t forget you can split the fare directly from the Uber app!
HOW IT WORKS:
Leaving Port OR Setting Sail
- Open the Uber app
- Tap on the pickup location box
- Drag your pin and drop it anywhere in the Nile
- Enter a destination in the ‘Where to?’ box
- Select the UberBOAT vehicle view (right next to UberX and UberSELECT)
- Tap ‘Request UberBOAT’
- A drop-down list of docks will appear
- Choose the docking station you would like to be picked up from
- Tap ‘Confirm Pickup Location’
- When requesting please make sure you are no more than 15 mins away from your pickup dock
- Set Sail!
*If trip is cancelled 5 minutes after requesting a 20EGP cancellation fee will be charged to the rider’s account
** If rider is not at the selected docking station within 10 minutes of requesting, the trip will be cancelled automatically and a 20EGP cancellation fee will be charged to the rider’s account
Uber Egypt Team
Posted by Nelly Elewa
Cinnamon: Using Century Old Tech to Build a Mean Load Shedder
PID Controller for Cinnamon
Up: Portable Microservices Ready for the Cloud
Case study: DART goes big in 30 zones