During Coachella, the desert oasis kicks it up a notch. With headliners that will make your head spin to the after parties, the last thing you want to worry about is how to get from point A to B. As the Official Rideshare Partner of Coachella, Uber is here to get you where you need to go. Plus, Uber Rewards members get a special perk when they head to Coachella with Uber.
Getting to and from Coachella
When you’re ready to head to the festival, a ride is just a few taps away. Simply enter Coachella as your destination and your driver will take you to the Uber Zone near the festival gates.
There is an $8.00 surcharge for Uber dropoffs to the festival. There is a $22.50 surcharge for Uber pickups at the festival. This surcharge helps ensure a reliable experience at Coachella.
Pickups at Coachella
When the music stops and you’re ready to close out your day or head to your next destination, exit the gates and open the Uber app. In-app directions will guide you to the Uber Zone, north of the festival grounds (just follow the yellow path). When you get there, we’ll have charging stations, bathrooms, and staff to help you with your ride.
How to request a ride
- Request UberX, UberXL, UberBlack, or UberBlack SUV
- A 6-digit PIN code will be sent to your phone
- Follow the line that matches your vehicle type
- Head to the first vehicle, show your PIN code to your driver
- Enjoy the ride!
Wait times at Coachella
Due to extremely high demand when the festival ends each night, wait times can exceed 60 minutes between 12:30am and 2:30am. We recommend that you plan accordingly to beat the lines and avoid higher wait times.
Tips for a shorter wait time
- Check UberXL, UberBlack, and UberBlack SUV to see if wait times are shorter
Make friends with others and set multiple destinations—the more people in each car, the quicker the line goes
- While you’re with those friends, use fare split so no one gets stuck footing the whole bill
Pro tips for a better experience in the desert area
- Share your location with your driver. Riders can show their exact location to their drivers by turning on Live Location Sharing. Location sharing is only available during the pickup experience.
- Share your trip with your crew. You can now share your location and trip status with friends and family, all right from the app.
- Chat in-app. Contact your driver directly through the Uber app for a seamless pickup.
- Use Spotlight. Sometimes when you’re in a crowded area or it’s nighttime, it may be more difficult for your driver to find you. With Spotlight, you can light up your phone with a special color specific to your driver.
- Get in the right car (and other safety tips). Before you get in the car, check that the license plate, driver photo, and driver name all match what’s listed in the app.
- Be sure your driver enters your PIN code before boarding the vehicle at the Uber Zone.