During Miami’s electronic music festival weekend 2019, the city kicks it up a notch. With headliners that will make your head spin to the after parties, the last thing you want to worry about is how to get from point A to B. Uber can help get you where you need to go.
Getting to Virginia Key
When you’re ready to head to the festival, requesting a ride is a few taps away. Enter Miami Marine Stadium as your destination and your driver will take you to the designated dropoff zone near the festival gates. Free event shuttles will be available from the following locations. You can request a ride to any of these destinations and from there, take a shuttle to the festival.
- Arts & Entertainment District at 1431` N Bayshore Drive
- American Airlines Arena at 601 Biscayne Blvd
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens at 3201 SW 1st Ave
Pickups at the festival
You will not be able to request a ride from the festival on Virginia Key. To get home, you’ll need to use a festival shuttle and follow the steps below.
Getting home from the festival
- Exit the festival and follow event signage to head toward the shuttles
- Take a shuttle to the destination of your choice
- American Airlines Arena
- Vizcaya Museum and Gardens
- Old Miami Herald
- When your shuttle arrives at the destination, you will be able to request a ride
Local law enforcement has asked that you please follow all applicable local laws and regulations, including the following:
- Don’t exit the vehicle until you’ve reached the drop-off zone for the festival
- Walking on the main causeway from Virginia Key back to Miami will not be permitted
Failure to comply could result in citations from local authorities or law enforcement.
Pro tips for a better pickup experience
- Share your location with your driver. Riders can show their exact location to their drivers by turning on Live Location Sharing. Location sharing is only available during the pickup experience.
- Share your trip with your crew. You can now share your location and trip status with friends and family, all right from the app.
- Chat in-app. Contact your driver directly through the Uber app for a seamless pickup.
- Use Spotlight. Sometimes when you’re in a crowded area or it’s nighttime, it may be more difficult for your driver to find you. With Spotlight, you can light up your phone with a special color specific to your driver.
- Get in the right car (and other safety tips). Before you get in the car, check that the license plate, driver photo, and driver name all match what’s listed in the app.