Rules and regulations
Changi Airport regulations for Uber partners
As per Changi's regulations, drivers must adhere to the terms below.
All drop offs must occur at the Departures level
All pick ups must occur at the designated pick up doors at the Arrivals level
Important: Pick ups are not allowed at Taxi Stands and should be limited to designated Arrival doors
Pickups at Changi
How pickup requests work
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. At Changi, we have a queue system enabled that gives drivers requests on a first come first serve basis!
Once you drive into the airport, here’s how it works:
- You’ll be placed in line for the next pickup— pickups work on a first-in, first-out basis
We show you where in the queue you stand so you can expect how long to wait for a trip at the airport. (Look out for the numbers at the top of your screen to see where in the queue you are)
Once you receive a request, accept it and pickup your rider at the designated Terminal and door at the Arrivals level
- If the airport is crowded, consider contacting your rider to confirm their exact location
- For uberPOOL requests, you may have to circle the airport to pickup a second or third passenger
Rides to Changi
How drop-off requests work
Uber is a smart option for travelers heading to their airport. At Changi Airport, simply drop-off riders at their requested terminal on the departures level.
- Pro tip: Always ask your rider and confirm the Departure Terminal they are heading to.
Waiting at Changi Airport
Uber partners may wait for ride requests at designated waiting areas and parking lots.
- Please do not wait for trips at Taxi Stands or near the Departure/Arrival areas.
- If you leave the Airport area or turn off your app, you will be placed at the back of the line again
Riders fees at Changi
There is a $1.50 airport surcharge for all pickups at Changi Airport.
Note: This fee is charged to riders and paid out to drivers (Uber does not take any service fee from it)