Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
We're here to help. If you can't find the answer to your questions below, feel free to reach out to us for more support.
Where is the service area?
The current service area is marked by the green area in the map shown. Make sure you are only online when you are inside the service area - stay offline while you are travelling to/from the service area. Be sure to be on during the lunch peak period (11AM - 2PM) and the dinner peak period (6PM - 9PM).
Consider waiting at these hotspots for more orders:
- Tanjong Pagar and CBD area: Consider waiting at Maxwell Hawker Center or Telok Ayer Park
- River Valley: Consider waiting at Martin Rd
- Clarke Quay: Consider waiting at Central
- Victoria Street: Consider waiting at Middle Street
- Orchard: Consider waiting at Cavenagh Road
- Tanjong Katong: Consider waiting at Guillemard Rd, Joo Chiat & City Plaza Shopping Centre
- East Coast: Consider waiting at Kallang Wave Mall
- Bukit Timah: Consider waiting at Sixth Avenue
- Holland Village: Consider waiting at Holland Village MRT Station
- Buona Vista: Consider waiting at The Star Vista
- Tampines: Consider waiting at Tampines Mall
- Changi: Consider waiting at Changi Village
- Ang Mo Kio: Consider waiting at AMK Hub & AMK ave 10
- Novena: Consider waiting at Novena Square & United Square Shopping Centre
- Serangoon: Consider waiting at Lorong Ah Soo & Nex
- Harbourfront: Consider waiting at Vivocity
- Jurong East: Consider waiting at Westgate, IMM & JCube
- Jurong West: Consider waiting at Jurong Point
- Bukit Panjang: Consider waiting at Bukit Panjang Plaza
- Woodlands: Consider waiting at Causeway Point
- Yishun: Consider waiting at NorthPoint & Sembawang Shopping Centre
What do I need to be a delivery partner?
Simply bring along all the relevant documents when you register to be a delivery-partner.
What do I need to do when I pick up the food from the restaurant?
Here are some tips to ensure a smooth pick up
- Removing your helmet or hat
- Saying "hello" when you arrive and explaining you are collecting for Uber Eats
- If you're polite and courteous with restaurant customers and staff
Restaurants don't like:
- Being hurried - great food can take time
- Their food being mishandled - place it in the bag with care and secure the bag tightly
- Restaurants can be small, try to keep clear of customers and busy waiters
What do I need to do while I'm on the way to deliver the food?
Here are some tips to ensure food is transported safely.
Things to do:
- Ensure any special instructions from the restaurant are followed
- Provide the eater with any special instructions from the restaurant, especially allergy advice
- Pack hot and cold items separately
- Ensure there is no delay in delivering the food once it has been collected from the restaurant
- Keep pizzas horizontal and soup lids secure
- Keep your hand cleans, perhaps by carrying a hand sanitizer.
Things not to do:
- Directly handle food
- Leave food unattended
- Obstruct restaurant staff especially during busy hours
- Deliver if you've been ill in the past 48 hours
What do I do when I deliver the food to the eater?
- It is always best to meet the eater directly.
Home: Knock on the door or ring the door bell
Office: Introduce yourself to the receptionist and let them know who you're delivering to
- If you encounter a problem, please contact the customer through the App
- If you are unable to contact the eater, follow Drop Off Policy guidelines.
- Be courteous and polite when you are handing food to the eater. Remember: they are rating your service!
- Dress neatly and comfortably throughout your deliveries
- Remember the above tips when handling food; nobody wants a pizza without toppings
- Head back to the hotspot after you have completed your delivery so you will be able to receive new trips
Can I still receive orders when I leave the app?
Yes, you will still be able to receive orders even if you leave the Uber Eats application. Remember the App requires orders to be accepted within 30 seconds! If you're unable to accept the order, it will be counted as a rejection.
Delivery-partners on motorbikes or bicycles find it more convenient to clamp their phone onto the handlebar and have one earpiece plugged in to ensure a smooth delivery.
Am I able to receive orders outside the main hotspot areas assigned? (but still within the current service area)
Yes you can. Remember that most restaurants in the Uber Eats App are in the hotspots, so you’re more likely to get more trip requests in those areas!
Will I get a batched order if I wait near a restaurant after I get dispatched for my first trip?
No, you should not wait for a batch order. Other than proximity, there are certain criteria that the app checks for before dispatching a bated order to a delivery partner (e.g. food size etc). Deliver your orders promptly and do not wait near restaurants to get batched orders.
I am unable to contact Customer Service Support. What should I do?
You can visit us at UberHUB, 29 Paya Lebar Road Monday - Saturday 10AM - 6PM, should you have any enquiry or require support with matters pertaining to the app.
My documents have not been approved. How can I get them approved?
You can visit us at UberHUB, 29 Paya Lebar Road Monday - Saturday 10AM - 6PM, to get your documents approved. To start delivering, your documents would have to be approved first.
I am not able to find any parking near the restaurant. What should I do?
Contact the relevant restaurant about the appropriate place to park. They will advise you on the ideal parking locations and the most convenient route to take to reach them.
What should I do if I am unable to find the eater after I have picked up the order from the restaurant?
- Contact the Eater through the app by texting or calling them.
- If the eater is uncontactable and you have been waiting at the drop off location for more than 10 minutes, follow the Drop Off Policy guidelines.
Any other ways for delivery partners to make great money with Uber Eats?
Yes! Many delivery partners make great money by referring their friends to deliver with Uber Eats. It's the easiest and fastest way to make great money.
How can I increase my chances of getting an order?
The busiest time on the UberEATS App is during lunchtime (11:00 AM to 2:00 PM) and dinner time (6:00 PM to 9:00 PM), so log on during those times to take advantage of the busy period.
Along with this, most restaurants on the UberEATS App are located in the following areas so consider heading to those locations when you’re online to increase your probability of receiving more orders:
- Tanjong Pagar
- Victoria Street
- Orchard Road
- Holland Village
- Tanjong Katong
- Bukit Timah
- East Coast
- River Valley
It's also best to avoid clustering in groups with other delivery-partners as the chances of getting requests will decrease.
- Bukit Timah
- Ang Mo Kio
- Jurong East
- Jurong West
How do I use the application?