What You’ll Do
- Perform Root Cause Analysis
- Identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in complex data sets
- Create reports for executives to show quality and quantitative trends to define key metrics (Present their findings, or translate the data into an understandable document)
- Carries out root/cause analysis in more complex problems reported, figure out what part of our system may be responsible, and work with the team to resolve quality issues
- Applies and monitors corrective and preventative improvement actions
- Responsible for document management for owned processes
- Locate and define new process improvement opportunities based on dataAssures compliance to in-house and\or external specifications/policy
- Work with various teams to ensure that our maps are always ready to support our self driving goals
- Perform error trend analysis
- Coordinate with other operational functions
- Calibrate Quality Analysts; provide feedback, coaching and upskilling support to Quality Analysts
- Analyze defects, identify root causes and provide feedback to Policy Teams, Prod Teams and Engineering Team
- Work with Engineers to improve/develop needed tools
- Provide regular feedback to individual teams
What You’ll Need
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- Experience as Quality Lead/Analyst in operational setup: Mapping related a plus
- 3+ years of experience working in tech industry
- Experience in Data analysis/ evaluation/ mining role a big plus
- Certifications are an advantage including Quality Auditor, Quality Engineer, Quality Improvement Associate, Lean Principles
- Experience with implementation of process improvements and corrective action programs
- Knowledge of tools, concepts and methodologies of QA,Quality inspection, auditing and testing experience preferred (e.g. fishbone diagram analysis, RCA, 5-whys etc.)
- Basic to advanced knowledge of software development methodologies
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, Statistical Analysis System (SAS), Statistical Package for Social Sciences (SPSS), Minitab etc)
- Basic SQL or Query Language preferred
- Proficiency in PC software packages
- Some Managerial experience preferred
Bonus Points If
- Excellent Analytical Skills: Data analysts work with large amounts of data: facts, figures, and number crunching. The ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Communication Skills: Data analysts are often called to present their findings, or translate the data into an understandable document. You will need to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas.
- Critical Thinking: Data analysts must look at the numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings.
- Extreme Attention to Detail: Data is precise. Data analysts have to make sure they are vigilant in their analysis to come to correct conclusions.
- Math Skills: Data analysts need math skills to estimate numerical data
- Documentation skills: Document defects with detail, accuracy, and conscientiousness.
- Ability to apply common concepts – carry out work according to specific instructions and set procedures
- Raise innovative ideas and flag broken processes,Constantly driven to improve your area of responsibility
- With the open concept of our work environment, the incumbent must be able to handle noise distractions, privacy concerns, interruptions, minimal storage space while working
- Motivated and can work independently
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, Boulder, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.