What You’ll Need
- Shift Uber’s business trajectory by building an Ops software suite that will automate workflows across the Globe for Uber’s business lines
- Deep understanding of building technology for enterprise customers & building workflow products.
- Prior experience working with APIs, platform products, and automation systems.
- Ability to build and interact with very large data processing pipelines, distributed data stores, and distributed file systems.
- Can present to C-level, as well as drive engineers to demo product solutions for ops
- Stellar design instincts and product taste
- A high bar across the board - from your own contributions to the people you work with to the products you work on.
- A “driver” personality - biased toward action, great collaborator and master disambiguator/simplifier - constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery.
- Grittiness. You never hesitate to roll up your sleeves and take on something hands-on, you persevere when others fall away.
- Finger-tippiness with data: you just go get the data you need with no muss/fuss and can whipit into an insightful story with no help. You know how to use data to make decisions withoutgetting stuck in analysis paralysis.
- User-centricity - examples from your past of tough product challenges that you powered through because you were unwilling to make your problems your users’ problems.
- True passion for Uber’s mission and the company’s hybrid technology / operations nature.
- A never-ending desire to grow and learn.
- A computer science undergraduate degree or equivalent plus hands-on software engineering experience. Technical understanding should go from the highest abstractions down to the Metal.
What You’ll need
- 5-7 years of software delivery product management experience and managing teams through technology implementations
- Minimum of 5+ years experience delivering highly successful and creative consumer Internet products with your fingerprints all over them - you’re deeply proud of what you’ve accomplished
- Basic understanding of data science models, technical architecture, and common product management frameworks
- Experience leading cross-functional teams on high-impact projects
- Ability to juggle multiple projects simultaneously and work across a large organization to ship cross-functional projects
- Ex-consultant used to working with operations at large entities, gathering requirements, and driving automation
- Team oriented and comfortable interfacing with all levels of Uber employees, management, executives.
Bonus Points If
- Prior experience working in or with operational technologies
- Prior experience working on global projects, or in an international setting
About The Team
We’re changing the way people think about transportation. Not that long ago we were just an app to request premium black cars in a few metropolitan areas. Now we’re a part of the logistical fabric of more than 600 cities around the world. Whether it’s a ride, a sandwich, or a package, we use technology to give people what they want, when they want it.
For the people who drive with Uber, our app represents a flexible new way to earn money. For cities, we help strengthen local economies, improve access to transportation, and make streets safer.
And that’s just what we’re doing today. We’re thinking about the future, too. With teams working on autonomous trucking and self-driving cars, we’re in for the long haul. We’re reimagining how people and things move from one place to the next.