What you need
This is a role for a strong, analytical operator, focusing on driving sustainable growth, balancing supply and demand, and innovating to extending the Uber presence in a relevant and thoughtful way across the markets that you are accountable for. As the General Manager, you’ll be responsible for managing the P&L in Hong Kong, owning the strategy and championing the needs of your market at the Mega-Regional and Global level.
This role requires excellent collaboration across different functional and specialised teams, and is required to bridge the gap with local, Regional, and HQ teams. We need leaders that are visionaries and can build, coach and inspire high performing teams to reach their potential. We believe in building globally and living locally - so understanding your markets and collaborating with global teams to ensure relevant solutions is key.
What you’ll do:
- Manage the P&L for your Country, looking at creative ways to drive growth while driving efficiencies in how we deliver operations
- Craft and lead the execution of the strategy for Uber across Hong Kong, including allocation of resources and budgets, and securing of funding
- Lead a team of incredibly smart, passionate and diverse people - championing our culture and employee brand
- Empower your teams to become part of the transport ecosystem in their markets - delivering on our mission and improving the ways cities work
- Work in partnership with our Regional Policy and Communications teams to ensure effective management of local regulatory concerns and local politics
- Collaborate with local and regional marketing teams to initiate creative local strategies and user growth campaigns
- Be the external face of Uber - aligning with the Communications team on where and how to represent Uber at local events and with local PR
- Communicate local product/process needs to HQ; collaborate with product/engineering to ensure they are delivered
- Connect with other GMs to help scale other markets through developing and sharing best practices
- Work in partnership with Business Development to identify and help support relevant and value creating strategic partnerships and alliances for your market
- Continue to grow and build upon today to drive a sustainable business for tomorrow
- 10+ years of relevant experience running operations, ideally in a matrix structure, managing a P&L
- Core experience in a technology context - this role requires a data-driven decision mentality and a strong analytical mindset
- Demonstrated experience driving business outcomes/achieving business results
- Relevant experience in consumer service/managing a marketplace is advantageous
- Building and managing high performing teams
- Entrepreneurs welcome! Even better if you’ve learned from a few failures along the way...