COS Regulations for driver-partners
Per COS regulations, driver-partners must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in the receipt of a citation or even restriction of access to airport trips. Please note that Uber will not pay for any citations that driver-partners may incur.
- When on airport property, the Uber driver app must be open at all times (driver-partners must not go Offline until exiting the airport area).
- We’ve instituted a special first vehicle in is the first one out (FIFO) system at COS. The FIFO system only works within the designated, geofenced area and driver-partners waiting elsewhere will not receive trip requests through the Uber driver app.
- The Uber vehicle decal (trade dress) must always be displayed on the front passenger windshield and rear passenger windshield facing outward. Driver-partners can obtain this Uber decal at their local Greenlight Hub.
Trips from COS are easy to get but work differently than normal requests. Here’s how it works:
- Head to the TNC Staging Zone located off of Milton E. Proby Parkway
- Follow signs for the cell phone waiting area and park in the left lane of the waiting area
- You’ll be placed in line for the next pickup—pickups work on a first-in, first-out (FIFO) basis
- Once you receive a request, accept it and pickup your rider at the TNC Loading Zone on the Arrivals level
- A the TNC Loading Zone, there are six (6) designated spots marked "Rideshare Operator Parking Only"
- When picking up you riders, please only wait in these designated spots
- Pickups that occur outside of these spots may be subject to citations
How dropoffs work
Uber is a smart option for travelers heading to their airport. At COS, simply drop off riders at their requested airline on the Departures level.
After dropping off your rider, head back to the TNC Staging Zone or downtown for another ride.
On September 25, 2018, we introduced Rematch, a new feature that may help you get requests faster at the airport. With Rematch, when you drop off a rider at the airport, you may receive a new request quickly instead of having to wait in the airport FIFO (first-in, first out) queue. If you don’t receive a request within a few moments, this means there are no Rematch trips available and you should go to the FIFO area if you’d like to wait for another request.
Uber at Colorado Springs Airport
Dropping off a rider
- Head to Departures and drop your rider off at their preferred airline
- After dropping off your rider, head back to town or to the TNC Staging Area to get your next request
Picking up a rider
- Head to Arrivals to meet your rider and pick them up at the TNC Loading Zone
- Use the designated Uber spots marked "Rideshare Operator Parking Only"
Waiting for a rider
- Head to the TNC Staging Zone off of Milton E. Proby Parkway to stage for requests
- You'll receive requests based on a first-in, first-out basis
In order to have a great Uber experience at airports for both riders and drivers, we need your help. Please follow any airport rules and regulations. Additionally, if you’re picking up riders at the airport, please be available to complete all ride requests you accept. Please do not ask riders for their destination and then cancel. This causes problems for riders trying to get home, and drivers waiting for their next trip.
It’s your choice to pick up riders at the airport. Drivers who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service for riders or drivers, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to provide transportation to or from airports.