Information for driver-partners
When driving at TUS, Learn how to receive these trip requests and get in on the action.
Airport regulations for driver-partners
Per airport regulations, driver-partners must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in the receipt of a citation or even restriction of access to airport trips. Please note that Uber will not pay for any citations that driver-partners may incur.
- When on airport property, the Uber driver app must be open at all times (driver-partners must not go offline until exiting the airport area)
- We’ve instituted a special first vehicle in is the first one out (FIFO) system at Tucson International Airport. The FIFO system only works within the designated, geofenced area and driver-partners waiting elsewhere will not receive trip requests through the Uber driver app unless there are no drivers in the geofenced queue.
- The Uber vehicle decal (trade dress) must always be displayed on the front passenger windshield facing outward. Driver-partners can obtain this Uber decal at their local Greenlight Hub or fill out this form to receive one by mail.
- Driver cancellations: Trip cancellations can take away from the great Uber experience that both riders and driver-partners expect. Please remember that driver-partners who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to receive trip requests to and from the airport through the Uber Driver app.
- Ground transportation and airport security staff: Airport rules are as important as traffic rules. Airports expect driver-partners to follow the instructions of the airport staff.
Cómo iniciar viajes
When you drive into the Designated TNC Airport Waiting Area, you'll automatically be placed in queue for the next airport pick-up request.
The queue is first-in-first-out (FIFO). This means the person who has been waiting in the queue the longest will receive the next pick-up request per vehicle type requested by rider. Your location in the Designated TNC Airport Waiting Area will not affect your place in the queue.
If you need to go offline or drive outside of the Designated TNC Airport Waiting Area for any reason, please be aware that you will lose your spot in the queue. To be fair for all driver-partners, if you come back online or drive back into the Designated TNC Airport Assignment Area after leaving you will be placed at the back of the queue. And don't worry, if a rider cancels their trip, you will still remain at the front of the queue.
While waiting for a trip request, please keep in mind that you'll need to obey traffic laws and parking signs. Drivers who use the Uber platform are expected to follow the rules of the road and all applicable traffic laws, including airport Rules and Regulations and parking restrictions at all times. You are responsible for handling incidents resulting in violations of those rules.
When a rider requests a pickup, you will be notified of the terminal and door where the rider is located.
Cómo finalizar viajes
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to the airport.
Based on the operating agreement with the airport, riders can be dropped off at their requested terminal on the departures level. If you’d like to receive a trip request afterwards, you’ll need to keep the Uber driver app on to maintain your place in the FIFO queue.
Uber staging lot at TUS
In order to receive pickup requests, you must be located in the designated TUS Waiting Area. Once you drive into the Terminal Area, you will not be able to accept new rides. Additionally, the agreement prohibits you from circling the Central Terminal Area.
NOTE: You may receive requests for the airport while not in the queueing zone in the event there are no eligible driver-partners in the zone at the time a rider requests.
*Waiting Area - Go south on Plumer Ave, west on Flight Line Dr, and take an immediate left at the Balloon Building, located at 7030 S Plumer Ave
TUS pickup map
Pickups must be made in the "Designated Pickup Area" (shown in the image), which is located at the far end of the upper level.
- Await requests at the designated area. You will only receive requests from TUS when you are in the designated area.
- Wait and pick up only where allowed. Stick to the designated waiting and pickup areas.
- Get in and get out. Your rider will meet you at the designated curb. Circling the terminal is prohibited.
Pickup Area - Pickups are only to be done on the upper level. The pickup area is clearly marked with "Uber" signage.
This airport charges a $3.15 fee for all TNC pickups and drop-offs. This fee is in addition to the $1.55 booking fee and is charged directly to the rider. Uber coordinates repayment of this fee directly to the airport.
To learn more about these fees and regulations, please reference Port Ordinance 4255 as adopted by the Board of Port Commissioners.
Commercial drivers using UberBLACK and UberSUV maintain their own airport permits. Because of this, there is no surcharge added to these premium trips.
Ciudades con servicio de auto privado
Oportunidad de prestar servicios por ciudad
Renta de autobuses a través de Uber Charter