Sioux Falls Regional Airport (FSD)
Information for Driver-Partners
Riders at FSD can request Uber when leaving the airport. Learn how to receive these trip requests and get in on the action.
- Driver cancellations: Trip cancellations can take away from the great Uber experience that both riders and driver-partners expect. Please remember that driver-partners who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to receive trip requests to and from the airport through the Uber Driver app.
- Ground transportation and airport security staff: Airport rules are as important as traffic rules. Airports expect Driver-partners to follow the instructions of the airport staff.
- While on airport property, the Uber sticker (trade dress) must always be displayed on the vehicle’s windshield. Driver-partners can either print their Uber sticker, here or fill out this form to have it mailed directly to them.
Cómo iniciar viajes
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
Waiting for requests
At FSD, Uber’s technology uses a driver queue zone. This means that, in order to receive a trip request, driver-partners need to enter a designated waiting lot, located within a driver queue zone. Driver-partners will then be placed in the virtual queue. The waiting lot is the cell phone lot located at the corner of N Jaycee Lane and N Minnesota Ave (see map below).
Some things to know about the driver queue zone:
- Proximity to the terminal within the driver queue zone does not create an advantage for driver-partners or move you closer to the top of the queue.
- If there are no driver-partners in the driver queue zone, trip requests will go to Uber driver-partners in the area - outside of the queue zone - based on proximity and other factors.
You can lose your place in line if:
- You go offline on your Uber driver app
- You drive outside the driver queue zone
- You do not accept multiple incoming trip requests in a row
- You cancel a ride (if the rider cancels, you will remain at the top of the queue)
Picking up your rider
Once you accept a trip request, FSD’s pickup location is located at the end of the median on N Jaycee Lane.
Based on feedback from FSD please be mindful of:
- Respecting the waiting areas of taxi or shuttle operators.
- If the airport is crowded, consider contacting your rider using the Uber driver app to confirm their exact location.
- Meeting your rider in the designated pickup location.
Cómo funcionan los pedidos de destino
At FSD, riders can be dropped off at the end of the median on N Jaycee Lane.
Uber waiting lot at FSD
The waiting lot is the cell phone lot located at the corner of N Jaycee Lane and N Minnesota Ave (see map).
Consejos útiles para realizar viajes desde o hacia el aeropuerto
1. Preparar el auto
Las personas que viajan en avión suelen llevar mucho equipaje, por lo que deberías mantener el maletero vacío.
2. Ayuda con el equipaje
Es posible que les tome tiempo a los usuarios cargar equipaje en el vehículo. En el aeropuerto hay mucha actividad, por lo que ayudarlos a hacerlo puede acelerar el inicio del viaje.
3. Identificar a los usuarios
Preguntarles los nombres a los usuarios antes de comenzar el viaje te permite asegurarte de haber llegado por la persona correcta.
4. Checking the arrivals schedule
Checking the arrivals schedule at can help you maximize your earnings with information about when flights will be landing at the airport and when it will be busiest. See ARRIVALS SCHEDULE.
5. Making music optional
While tunes are nice to cruise to, riders may prefer silence after an early morning or late night flight. Asking them what they prefer can go a long way and help provide a great experience!