Information for drivers
For driving at SBP, learn how to receive airport trip requests and get in on the action.
Airport regulations for drivers
Per airport regulations, drivers must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in a $1,000 citation. You are responsible for any citations incurred at SBP.
- All ride dropoffs and pickups must occur on the Departures level
- The Uber trade dress must always be displayed in your windshield
- When on airport property, the Driver app must be open at all times (please do not log off until you exit the airport)
- You may be asked to show your waybill. To access it, tap Waybill in your app
It is illegal under state and federal law for anyone, including rideshare drivers, to engage in price fixing. This includes agreeing or coordinating with other drivers (in airport staging lots or elsewhere) on pricing and surge pricing. The law requires that drivers must make decisions about pricing and surge pricing on their own.
- Front Uber trade dress
- Back Uber trade dress
Request new documents
If you need a replacement, contact your local Uber Greenlight Hub.
How pickup requests work
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests. To receive a trip request at the airport, you need to accept the trip before entering airport property.
How it works
- Pickups must only occur curbside at the passenger pickup and dropoff area.
- Always display the Uber trade dress on both your front and back windshields. Airport officials and law enforcement may ask to see proof of insurance, license and registration, and waybill.
- Confirm with your rider that they are ready for pickup before you drive toward the airport.
- When you arrive at the waiting area, confirm your rider's name before starting the trip.
No TNC vehicle can stage before receiving a trip request on airport property. TNC vehicles can only enter airport property to pick up or drop off a passenger.
How dropoff requests work
Uber is a smart option for travelers heading to their airport. At the airport, simply drop off riders at their requested terminal on the Departures level. It's important to keep the Driver app on until you exit the airport property.
SBP pickup map
People requesting rides using Uber at San Luis Obispo will be instructed to meet you at the designated rideshare pickup area labeled “Passenger Pickup and Dropoff Only,” located west of the terminal and across from Parking Lot 4.
To access this area, please stay in the left lane when entering the airport arrivals area.
For more information, read about San Luis Obispo Airport here.
This is longer placeholder text.