Instructions for driver-partners
When driving at the airport, Learn how to receive these trip requests and cash in on the action.
Airport regulations for Uber partners
Per airport operating rules, drivers must adhere to the terms set by the airport below. Failure to follow these rules may result in a citation - you will be solely responsible for handling these citations and paying any associated fines. In certain cases, the airport may permanently restrict your access to the airport.
- You must wait for airport ride requests in the designated Uber staging lot.
- Dispose of any trash, cigarettes, etc. in the provided trash cans and ashtrays. Littering is a a prohibited activity and can result in loss of access to airport trips.
- Do not leave your vehicle unattended.
- Any cleaning or maintenance of your vehicle in the staging lot is prohibited.
- All drivers and vehicles must vacate the staging lot no later than 30 minutes after the last flight arrives each night.
- The airport asks that you promptly load/unload your rider. Additionally, according to airport requirements, you should not be curbside for more than one minute.
- The Uber vehicle decal (trade dress) must always be displayed by affixing the decal to the lower right corner on the front passenger windshield facing outward. Driver-partners can obtain this Uber decal at their local Greenlight Hub.
- You may be asked to show your waybill. To access it, tap the “info” button that appears in your app.
- Abide by the terminal and staging lot limit of 20mph.
- Be respectful and courteous to others and to the Airport Authority Personnel.
- When entering the staging lot, stay to the right side of the red line painted on the ground and be sure to park in a parking space. Do not leave your vehicle unattended.
How pickup requests work
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests. To receive a trip request at the airport, you need to enter the dedicated waiting lot, where you will be placed in line to receive a pickup request from the airport.
Here’s how it works:
- To pick up or drop off at the airport, the airport requires you to have Uber trade dress on your vehicle. Please display the trade dress by affixing the decal to the lower right corner of the front passenger windshield facing outward. Driver-partners can obtain Uber trade dress at their local Greenlight Hub. You can also order decal here.
- All ride pickups must occur in the purple prearranged zones: Zone 1 at Terminal 1 and Zone 8 at Terminal 2
How dropoff requests work
Uber is a smart option for travelers heading to their airport. At the airport, simply drop off riders at their requested terminal on the Departures level. It's important to keep the Uber Driver App on until you exit airport property.
All ride dropoffs must occur near the ticketing offices at Terminal 1 and on the Departures level at Terminal 2.
Uber staging lot at the airport
Uber partners must wait for ride requests in the designated staging lot. You will not receive an airport request outside of this lot (and may be issued a citation).
Click here to navigate to the staging lot located off of Departure Drive. Keep in mind that:
- You can only receive requests on airport property at the designated staging lot
- The lot is "first in, first out": upon entering the staging line, you will be placed in a virtual queue for the next trip request
- If you leave the staging lot or turn off your app, you will be placed at the back of the line
- You will not lose your place in line if a rider cancels on you or if you drive around within the staging area
- Staging at terminals or elsewhere on airport property is prohibited and may result in a citation
Note: Be sure to take the correct exits when leaving the staging lot:
- DO NOT take the first exit, which is marked Terminal Parking ONLY
- DO take the second exit, which is marked Terminals 1 -2, Express Parking, Economy 4, Rental Car Return
This airport charges a $3.15 fee for all TNC pickups and drop-offs. This fee is in addition to the $1.55 booking fee and is charged directly to the rider. Uber coordinates repayment of this fee directly to the airport.
To learn more about these fees and regulations, please reference Port Ordinance 4255 as adopted by the Board of Port Commissioners.
Commercial drivers using UberBLACK and UberSUV maintain their own airport permits. Because of this, there is no surcharge added to these premium trips.
Car service cities
Jobs by city