IMPORTANT CHANGES TO NEWARK LIBERTY INTERNATIONAL AIRPORT (EWR) TERMINAL A PICK UP AND DROP OFF Effective January 12, 2023, EWR Terminal A pick ups and drop offs will be moving to a NEW Terminal A building located off of Carson Rd. Follow all road signs to the NEW Terminal A building. Terminal A drop offs will occur on the departures level (upper level) and the Terminal A pick ups will occur on the arrivals level (lower level) in Ride App Pick Up Zones 9 & 10.
The current Terminal A building in the central terminal area will be closing on January 12, 2023.
Information for drivers
Learn how dropping off and picking up airport riders works at EWR.
COVID-19 Ground Transportation Policy
In an effort to ensure passengers feel comfortable while traveling through its airports, the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey is requiring the below protocols be followed while operating at its airports.
Pickups at the airport
It is easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
Pickup Location by Terminal
Effective January 12, 2023, the current Terminal A building will close and Terminal A will relocate to a new building off of Carson Rd. On January 12, 2023 pick ups will occur on the lower level (arrivals) in Ride App Pick Up Zones 9 & 10.
The Terminal B pick up area is located at Terminal B arrivals in Passenger Pick Up. There are no changes to the Terminal B pick up area.
The Terminal C pick up area is located on the arrivals level at Passenger Pick Up 4, 5, and 6. There are no changes to the Terminal C pick up area.
Waiting for requests
To receive pickup requests at EWR, enter the Rideshare Hold Lot to wait for a trip. Once in the staging lot, drivers receive ride requests via a virtual first-in, first-out (FIFO) queue.
Picking up your rider
When you receive a notification you have a pickup request, follow the directions in the driver app.
- As you approach the pickup area, the app will indicate your rider's information and the terminal number where they are waiting.
- Once you receive a request, accept it and pick up your rider on the arrivals level at EWR.
- Terminal areas can be crowded at times. Once you arrive at the pickup location, if you can't find your rider, message or call them through the driver app to let them know your location.
The Uber vehicle decal (trade dress) must always be displayed on the front passenger windshield facing outward.
Dropoffs at the airport
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to the airport.
Dropping off riders at the airport is easy. Simply follow the in-app instructions and drop your rider off at their desired terminal on the departures level.
Effective January 12, 2023, Terminal A will be relocating to a new building off of Carson Road. Drop offs for Terminal A riders will occur at the new Terminal A building on the upper level (departures) starting January 12, 2023. Terminal B & C drop off areas will remain the same
Note that waiting in the terminal area, parking illegally, and idling on the shoulder may result in a citation.
- The re-match feature allows partners who just completed an airport drop off to receive a pickup request without having to go to the Rideshare Hold Lot. To qualify for re-match, partners must complete a drop off at the airport.
- If you're in the terminal and don’t receive a request after a few moments, please drive to the Rideshare Hold Lot to wait for a pickup request. Please do not loiter in the terminal, as idling at the curb can still result in a fine.
The FIFO queue at the airport
- Your location within the waiting lot does not affect your position in the virtual queue.
- When you’re in the designated waiting areas, you'll be able to see your position in the queue and how many partners are ahead of you in your Uber driver app.
- If you are a New Jersey partner, you will be given the next trip request to New Jersey when it is your turn for a request, in accordance with state and local law.
- If you are a New York City partner, you will be given the next trip request to New York City when it is your turn for a request, in accordance with state and local law.
- You can lose your place in line if:
- You go offline on your Uber driver app
- You drive outside the FIFO zone
- You do not accept multiple incoming trip requests in a row
- You cancel multiple rides (if the rider cancels, you will remain at the top of the queue)
- You may wait in the Rideshare Hold Lot for up to 4 hours.
- Parking or idling at terminals or elsewhere on airport property is strictly forbidden and does not enter you into the trip queue. Doing this may result in a citation. Uber does not pay for citations issued to drivers for illegally parking at airports.
EWR Rideshare Hold Lot
The Rideshare Hold Lot at EWR is located here. Once you get to the airport, follow signs for the Rideshare Hold Lot to enter the queue for a trip request.
Important Update to EWR Pick Up and Dropoff
Important Changes to Terminal A Pick Up and Drop Off Areas
Effective January 12, 2023, Newark Liberty International Airport (EWR) will be relocating Terminal A to a new building off of Carson Road. Terminal A pick ups will occur on the lower level (arrivals) of Terminal A in Ride App Pick Up zones 9 & 10 of the new Terminal A building. Terminal A drop offs will occur on the upper level (departures) of the new Terminal A building. The current Terminal A building in the central terminal area will close on January 12, 2023.
Terminal B & C pick up and drop off areas will remain the same. Follow all road signs.
Helpful tips for airport trips
1) Driver cancellations Trip cancellations can take away from the great Uber experience that both riders and driver-partners expect. Please remember that driver-partners who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to receive trip requests to and from the airport through the Uber Driver app.
2) Ground transportation and airport security staff: Airport rules are as important as traffic rules. Airports expect driver-partners to follow the instructions of the airport staff.
3) Ridershare Hold Lot: Drivers should only wait in the designated Rideshare Hold Lot while at the airport
4) Getting your car ready: Air travelers can have lots of luggage with them, so you may need to free up trunk space to fit it all in.
5) Helping with luggage: It may take some time for riders to load their luggage into your vehicle. The airport is a busy place, so an extra set of hands can speed things up and help get your riders to their destination faster.
6) Identifying your riders: Asking your riders for their names before starting a trip can ensure that you’ve picked up the right person out of the crowd.
7) A message from the Port Authority of New York and New Jersey: Please keep in mind these counterterrorism awareness and prevention tips while completing trips at EWR. See tips >
Car service cities
Jobs by city
Charter bus rentals