When driving at GSO, Learn how to receive these trip requests and cash in on the action.
Per airport regulations, drivers must adhere to the terms below. Failure to follow these rules may result in a suspension or revocation of your ability to conduct pick ups at the airport, in accordance with airport regulations.
It is easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
Uber’s technology uses a first-in-first-out (FIFO) queue. This means that, in order to receive a trip request, you need to enter the designated waiting area, located within a “FIFO zone”. You will then be placed in a virtual queue where the first driver-partner to enter will be the first to receive a trip request.
Based on the operating agreement with the airport, the FIFO zone covers all airport grounds, as shown in the map.
Some things to know about FIFO queues:
Once you accept a trip request, all pickups must occur within the designated Loading Zones at the airport, Marriott hotel, and fixed base operator facility (FBO).
1. Getting your car ready: Air travelers can have lots of luggage with them, so you may need to free up trunk space to fit it all in.
2. Helping with luggage: It may take some time for riders to load their luggage into your vehicle. The airport is a busy place, so an extra set of hands can speed things up and help get your riders to their destination faster.
3. Identifying your riders: Asking your riders for their names before starting a trip can ensure that you’ve picked up the right person out of the crowd.
4. Checking the arrivals schedule: Checking the arrivals schedule at Piedmont Triad International Airport can help you maximize your earnings with information about when flights will be landing at the airport and when it will be busiest. See GSO ARRIVALS SCHEDULE.
5. Making music optional: While tunes are nice to cruise to, riders may prefer silence after an early morning or late night flight. Asking them what they prefer can go a long way and help provide a great experience!
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to the airport.
Based on the operating agreement with the airport, riders can be dropped off at the curb by the main entrance. If you’d like to receive a trip request afterward, you’ll need to keep the Uber driver app on to maintain your place in the FIFO queue.
All dropoffs must occur within the designated Loading Zones at the airport, Marriott hotel, and fixed base operator facility (FBO).
All pick ups must occur within the designated Loading Zones at: