Instructions for driver-partners
When driving at TWF, Learn how to receive these trip requests and cash in on the action.
Airport regulations for Uber partners
Per airport regulations, drivers must adhere to the terms below. Please note that Uber will not pay for any citation that you may incur.
- When on airport property, the Uber Driver App must be open at all times (please do not log off until you exit the airport)
- Waiting for requests outside of the designated areas, including taxi or shuttle zones is a violation of the operating agreement and may result in a citation.
- Picking up outside of the designated areas is a violation of the operating agreement and may result in a citation.
- Always be sure follow the instructions of Ground Transportation and Airport Security Staff.
- Be sure to follow First-in, First-out rules specific to airport pickups. See below for additional details.
How pickup requests work
It's easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests. Read on to learn more:
- Enter airport grounds and find a spot in the short term parking lot (see map below)
- You’ll be placed in line for the next pickup—pickups work on a first-in, first-out basis
- Once you receive a request, accept it and pick up your rider on curbside outside of baggage claim (see map below)
- If the airport is crowded, consider contacting your rider to confirm their exact location
How dropoff requests work
Uber is a smart option for travelers heading to their airport.
At the airport, simply drop off riders at the curb right outside of baggage claim (same as the location for pickups). It's important to keep the Uber Driver App on until you exit airport property.
Know your way around the airport
Magic Valley Regional Airport prohibits curbside queuing of rideshare vehicles. This is why Uber instituted a special "First-In, First-Out" (FIFO) system to aid in compliance with airport requirements.
- The first driver-partner into the FIFO zone will be the first partner requested.
- Further requests will be assigned to driver-partners based on time of arrival within the FIFO zone.
- The FIFO zone is shown in the map in red.
- Finding the closest location to the terminal does not help partners get requests.
- Driver-partners automatically return to the top of the queue if a rider cancels.
- Driver-partners lose their place in the queue if they leave the FIFO zone prior to request.
- If there are no driver-partners in the FIFO zone, then a trip request will go to partners outside of the FIFO zone based on proximity.