Learn how trips work at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport.
Per Airport regulations, driver-partners must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in the receipt of a citation or even restriction of access to airport trips. Please note that Uber will not pay for any citations that driver-partners may incur.
It is easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving the airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
Uber’s technology uses a queue at airports such as CLE. This means that, in order to receive a trip request, you need to enter the designated waiting area (20001 Brookpark Road). You will then be placed in a virtual queue.
Starting February 18, riders can get picked up and dropped off curbside at both the upper and lower terminals. Once you accept a trip request, the app will let you know at which door your rider is waiting. See the map below for more details.
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to the airport. Based on the operating agreement with the airport, as of February 18, riders can be dropped off at the terminal curb.
See the map below for more details.
When you drop off a rider at the airport, you may receive a new request quickly instead of having to return to the waiting lot and enter the queue. This feature is called Re-Match. If you don’t receive a request immediately after your dropoff, this means there are no Re-Match trips available and you should go to the waiting lot if you would like to receive another airport request.
1. Getting your car ready: Air travelers can have lots of luggage with them, so you may need to free up trunk space to fit it all in.
2. Helping with luggage: It may take some time for riders to load their luggage into your vehicle. The airport is a busy place, so an extra set of hands can speed things up and help get your riders to their destination faster.
3. Identifying your riders: Asking your riders for their names before starting a trip can ensure that you’ve picked up the right person out of the crowd.
4. Checking the arrivals schedule: Checking the arrivals schedule at Cleveland Hopkins International Airport can help you maximize your earnings with information about when flights will be landing at the airport and when it will be busiest. See CLE ARRIVALS SCHEDULE.
5. Making music optional: While tunes are nice to cruise to, riders may prefer silence after an early morning or late night flight. Asking them what they prefer can go a long way and help provide a great experience!