When driving at CLT, Learn how to receive these trip requests and get in on the action.
Per airport regulations, driver-partners must adhere to the terms below. Failure to do so may result in the receipt of a citation or even restriction of access to airport trips. Please note that Uber will not pay for any citations that driver-partners may incur.
Driver cancellations: Trip cancellations can take away from the great Uber experience that both riders and driver-partners expect. Please remember that driver-partners who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to receive trip requests to and from the airport through the Uber Driver app.
Ground transportation and airport security staff: Airport rules are as important as traffic rules. Airports expect Driver-partners to follow the instructions of the airport staff.
It is easy to receive trip requests from riders leaving Charlotte airport. However, these trips work a little differently than other requests.
Uber’s technology uses a first-in-first-out (FIFO) queue. This means that, in order to receive a trip request, you need to enter the designated waiting area, located within a “FIFO zone”. You will then be placed in a virtual queue where the first driver-partner to enter will be the first to receive a trip request.
Based on the operating agreement with the airport, the waiting area is located at 5608 Wilkinson Blvd, the corner of Wilkinson Blvd and Stafford Drive (see map below).
Once you accept a trip request, the pickup location at the airport is located at Door D on the lower Arrivals level (see map below).
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to the airport.
Based on the operating agreement with the airport, riders can be dropped off at their requested terminal on the Departures level. If you’d like to receive a trip request afterward, you’ll need to keep the Uber driver app on to maintain your place in the FIFO queue.
Uber partners may wait for ride requests at the designated staging lot only. You will not receive an airport request outside of this lot (and may be issued a citation).
Due to ongoing construction at Charlotte Douglas International Airport, the Uber staging lot has been relocated to 5608 Wilkinson Blvd (the corner of Wilkinson Blvd and Stafford Dr). This change is semi-permanent and will be in effect for the duration of CLT construction. Keep in mind that:
CLT has recently expanded the lot to include an additional 100 spaces.
1. Getting your car ready: Air travelers can have lots of luggage with them, so you may need to free up trunk space to fit it all in.
2. Helping with luggage: It may take some time for riders to load their luggage into your vehicle. The airport is a busy place, so an extra set of hands can speed things up and help get your riders to their destination faster.
3. Identifying your riders: Asking your riders for their names before starting a trip can ensure that you’ve picked up the right person out of the crowd.
4. Checking the arrivals schedule: Checking the arrivals schedule at Charlotte Douglas International Airport can help you maximize your earnings with information about when flights will be landing at the airport and when it will be busiest. See CLT ARRIVALS SCHEDULE.
5. Making music optional: While tunes are nice to cruise to, riders may prefer silence after an early morning or late night flight. Asking them what they prefer can go a long way and help provide a great experience!