Rick Husband Amarillo International Airport (AMA)
Riders at AMA can request Uber when leaving the airport. Learn how to receive these trip requests and cash in on the action.
Airport regulations for driver-partners
Per airport regulations, driver-partners must adhere to the terms below: Failure to do so may result in the receipt of a citation or even restriction of access to airport trips. Please note that Uber will not pay for any citations that driver-partners may incur.
- When on airport property, the Uber driver app must be open at all times (driver-partners must not go offline until exiting the airport area).
- AMA has instituted a queueing system at the airport. The system only works within the designated area and driver-partners waiting elsewhere will not receive trip requests through the Uber driver app.
Driver cancellations: Trip cancellations can take away from the great Uber experience that both riders and driver-partners expect. Please remember that driver-partners who improperly use the app and intentionally disrupt the service, including excessively canceling rides or asking riders to cancel rides, may lose the ability to receive trip requests to and from the airport through the Uber Driver app
Airport ground transportation and security staff: Airport rules are as important as traffic rules. Airports expect driver-partners to follow the instructions of the Airport staff
How pickup requests work
Trips from AMA Airport work a little differently than other requests.
Waiting for requests
Uber’s technology uses a queue at the airport. This means that, in order to receive a trip request, you need to enter the designated waiting area. You will then be placed in a virtual queue.
The waiting lot at AMA is located at Airport Blvd and Rosenwald Dr. The lot can be accessed by turning onto Rosenwald Dr off Airport Blvd (see map below).
Some things to know about the queue:
- Proximity to the terminal within the queue does not create an advantage for driver-partners or move you closer to the top of the queue
- If there are no driver-partners in the queue, trip requests will go to Uber driver-partners in the area - outside of the queue - based on proximity and other factors
- You can lose your place in line if:
- You go offline on your Uber driver app
- You drive outside the waiting lot
- You do not accept multiple incoming trip requests in a row
- You cancel a ride (if the rider cancels, you will remain at the top of the queue)
Picking up your rider
Once you accept a trip request, you can pick up your rider at the location they’ve indicated in the app (see map below).
How dropoff requests work
Uber is a reliable option for travelers heading to the airport. Based on the operating agreement with the airport, riders can be dropped off curbside at their airline’s terminal.
Car service cities
Jobs by city
Charter bus rentals