What You'll Do
- Lead engineering projects spanning a variety of new sensor technology
- Continuously evaluate new sensor technology
- Lead the effort to design the next-generation sensor platform
- Work with industry-best vendors to down-select sensors
- Define a vision and roadmap for a team working across multiple stakeholders
- Collaborate effectively and build relationships with partners in Pittsburgh, Toronto, and San Francisco.
What You'll Need
- 5+ years of experience in robotics and/or autonomous systems
- Deep knowledge of underlying physics, signal processing, and hardware design elements of modern sensor systems
- Knowledge of state-of-the-art perception systems
- Demonstrated ability to lead high-function technical teams
- Demonstrated experience in sensor selection, evaluation, and integration
- Experience in writing high-quality software
About the Team
At the Advanced Technologies Group (ATG), we are building technologies that will transform the way the world moves. Our teams in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Toronto are dedicated to mapping, software and hardware development, vehicle safety, and operations for self-driving technology. Our teams are passionate about developing a self-driving system that will one day move people and things around more safely, efficiently, and cost effectively.
At Uber, we believe technology has the power to make transportation more efficient, accessible, and safer than ever before. Self-driving technology has the potential to make these benefits an everyday reality for our customers, but it’s not going to happen overnight. Building best-in-class self-driving technology will take time, and safety is our priority every step of the way. Operating inclusively and transparently, while displaying responsible behavior in a structured development are critical to safety. We at ATG seek candidates who will role model these values.