Great service deserves to be rewarded, and this is why we are happy to introduce In-App Tipping, a feature that allows you to show your appreciation for the driver’s excellent service by offering a tip, straight from your Uber app.
In-App Tipping will be available for all riders in Prague starting on Tuesday, March 27. The option to tip will appear after you give a 5-star rating to your driver. The tip is completely optional and anonymous and you can choose from the recommended amounts or input you own. Service fees do not apply to tipping: 100% of your tip will go to the driver.
How it works?
- Rate your driver at the end of the trip
- The tip prompt will appear
- Choose the amount you want to give to your driver as a tip: you can select one of the recommended values, or introduce your own
- Tap “Done” after selecting the amount to tip your driver
After the trip has ended, you still have 30 days to tip your driver if you like to. You can do this from your online rider account, or from the receipt you received via email.
How to tip from your rider account
- Log in at http://riders.uber.com using your Uber credentials
- Select the trip from the trip history
- Click “Add a tip”
How to tip from your email receipt
- Shortly after you reach your destination, you will receive a receipt on the email address associated to your Uber account
- Open the emailed receipt and go to the bottom of it
- Click the “Add a tip” button to tip your driver