**Portfolios are optional when applying. All submissions will be reviewed and considered for openings across our 3 locations. Qualified candidates will be contacted in early 2019 for next steps.**
About the Role
Our UX Research Team is seeking research interns to help us develop innovative new products and services. The work is fascinating. You’ll work among best-in-class design researchers, designers, product managers, and design-oriented engineers in a fast-paced, rapidly growing, hybrid (technology/operations) environment.
What You’ll Do
- Define quantitative and/or qualitative UX research questions in collaboration with Designers, Researchers, Engineers and Product Managers
- Examine existing insights and product designs to generate hypotheses and plan high-impact research
- Prioritize and drive research to improve the user experience
- Communicate findings to stakeholders on the team
- Make research findings convincing and actionable for both research experts and non-experts
What You’ll Need
- Pursuing MS degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology, or a related field or equivalent practical experience
- Experience conducting qualitative and/or quantitative research, ideally with at least one project to show you've worked in this domain
Bonus Points If
- Pursuing a PhD degree in Human-Computer Interaction, Information Science, Psychology, Cognitive Psychology, Anthropology, or a related field
- Relevant work experience with User Experience or Human-Computer Interaction teams
- Track record of demonstrating excellent command of research methods that impact organizational or product decisions
About the Team
The UX Research team works to drive product innovation and build empathy with our users. At Uber we ship products on a global scale for a wide range of users, and the UX Research team is a central part of how we build reliable and delightful experiences. Our team leverages a wide range of both qualitative and quantitative approaches to uncover insights and bring the voice of the user into product development. Learn more about the Design Team and our work at https://www.uber.design.
We have openings in our New York, San Francisco, and Seattle studios.
If you intern with us in Seattle, you could join one of 2 teams:
- Rider - focused on core Uber experiences that impact riders worldwide including airports, events, scheduled rides, and premium
- Driver - focused on core Uber experiences that impact drivers worldwide including Fleet, Platform, and Taxi
If you intern with us in San Francisco, you could join one of many talented teams:
- Rider - responsible for accelerating demand growth across 400+ cities worldwide
- Driver - focused on accelerating driver growth, engagement, and retention across 300+ cities worldwide
- New Modalities - Expand into new forms of mobility enabling Riders with more options to get from point A to B. Help design the future of bikes, scooters and public transit on the Uber platform.
- Safety & Privacy- works toward continuously making Uber a safe choice by limiting incidents, and responding appropriately to the occurrence of rare events, ensuring current and future users see and trust our deep commitment to them
- Eater - focused on making eating well effortless for everyone, everywhere by connecting customers to convenient food options in over 80 cities around the world
- Courier - focused on designing an exceptional experience for our delivery partners, who deliver food to customers across 300+ cities worldwide
- Marketplace - building the logistics network of the future, tackling some of the hardest problems related to improving Uber’s real time marketplace
If you intern with us in New York City, you could join our UberEverything teams:
- Restaurant - we create the experiences that empower restaurants to manage and expand their businesses as well as their day-to-day workflow as orders come into their kitchens