- Model year 2001 or newer
- 4-door car or minivan
- Good condition with no cosmetic damage
- No commercial branding
- Pass a vehicle inspection
Uber accepts both official and temporary registration documents. The vehicle does not need to be registered in your name to qualify.
All partners must maintain their own insurance policy in accordance with state and local laws. In addition, Uber maintains automobile liability insurance on behalf of all U.S. partners.
Most newer cars qualify to drive with UberX, the most popular vehicle option for riders - an everyday ride at an affordable price.
- Are in excellent working condition, with no cosmetic damage
- Are registered and insured in New Zealand
- Are 10 years old or less (2010 model or newer as of 2020)
- Have 4 doors
- Seat 4-7 passengers plus the driver
- Hold valid Certificate of Fitness
- Are not taxis, ex-driving school, ex-driving school, government, branded or rebuilt vehicles
The following vehicles cannot use the UberX app
- Pre-2009 Ford Falcons or variants.
- Large passenger vans or heavy duty truck.