Uber Elevate Summit 2019 Code of Conduct
At the 2019 Uber Elevate Summit (the “Summit”), Uber Technologies, Inc. (herein referenced as “we,” “us,” “our,” and “Uber”) is dedicated to providing an enjoyable and inclusive event experience for everyone regardless of gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disabilities, neurodiversity, physical appearance, body size, ethnicity, nationality, race, color, age, religion, or pregnancy. Please use your best judgment and treat everyone with respect. Remember that when you’re at the Summit, you will meet people who may look different from you or think differently than you. Please respect those differences. We want everyone to feel welcome.
This Code of Conduct is incorporated into the Summit Terms and Conditions (the “Terms”), which govern your attendance and participation in the Summit. By registering or attending the Summit, you are bound to this Code of Conduct. If you do not agree to abide by this Code of Conduct, you may not register for or attend the Summit.
We do not tolerate harassment or untoward behavior of any kind, including:
- Deliberate intimidation or aggressive behavior
- Harassment by use of photography or recording
- Disruption of talks or events, including heckling speakers, or use of any device such as your phone, in any manner that disrupts other attendees or speakers
- Offensive verbal language, including insensitive jokes, comments, slurs, or epithets
- Displaying or sharing offensive, derogatory, or sexual imagery
- Inappropriate physical contact or gestures, including leering
- Unwelcome sexual or physical attention or invitations
- Intoxication resulting in aggressive, dangerous, or offensive behavior or language
If you are asked to cease any such prohibited behavior, you are expected to comply immediately. If you see or hear any prohibited behavior, please report it immediately to an event staff member. We take harassment seriously and will take appropriate measures to enforce this Code of Conduct. We reserve the right to refuse admittance to, or remove, any person, in our sole discretion, without refund.
This policy extends to:
- All events, including speaker sessions, fireside chats, workshops, dinners and cocktail events, informal hallway conversations, and more
- All persons, including attendees, Uber personnel, volunteers, event staff, and more
We look forward to everyone having a safe and enjoyable experience at the Summit!