What You’ll Do
- Review control-based transaction holds for export and import transactions using Oracle Global Trade Management module.
- Review Restricted Parties Screenings hits.
- Review trade documents for global tariff (HTS) classifications and export classifications (ECCNs) for hardware products, components, software, technology, and technical data.
- Review technical specifications, work instructions, design and drawings for prototype parts to assign accurate classifications for export/imports and support global shipment transactions.
- Under supervision of Global Trade Compliance management and Customs Compliance Specialist, conduct HTS classification in accordance with the World Customs Organization rules and country-specific notes.
- Advise Logistics and Supply Chain teams on compliance with Uber-mandated requirements on commercial invoices, customs declarations, export/import authorizations, and recordkeeping.
- Integrate and ensure compliance with Uber processes for country of origin and customs valuation principles with a focus on the proper declaration and record keeping/accounting of assists.
- Create and maintain records for all import/export licenses and classification reviews, ensure quality control of data.
About the Team
Uber’s Global Trade Compliance team is based in San Francisco, Pittsburgh, Amsterdam, and soon to be Hong Kong. We hold the line on financial sanctions, embargoes, customs/import, export controls, and anti-boycott across Uber’s footprint. We provide compliance insight and regulatory expertise along with operational support to all Uber business units, at the cutting edge of Uber’s global initiatives to change the way the world thinks about transportation. We are building and growing one of the most effective, talented and ethical Compliance teams, grounded in our core values of transparency, integrity and accountability. Come join incredibly sharp, talented and motivated co-workers in a fast-paced, energized, intense, and rewarding work environment!