What You’ll Do
Your duties will include, without limitation:
- Legal Testimony:
- Act as a corporate representative for Uber across the United States, in person and remotely, at trials, depositions and hearings.
- Support the US-Canada Insurance Litigation and Corporate Litigation teams in arbitrations, trials, and other legal proceedings, as it relates to testimony communicating our business model practices.
- Assist in the development, preparation and training of corporate representatives across the U.S.
- Operations Liaison:
- Partner with the US-Canada Legal Team (Safety & Insurance, Regulatory, Corporate Litigation, NEMO) as a project management liaison with Operations across platforms for important cross-functional initiatives (i.e. Rides platform initiatives include background check audit, integration for changes in background check laws etc.).
- Manage roundtable discussions between Operations across platforms and the US-Canada Legal Team (Safety & Insurance Legal, Regulatory, Corporate Litigation, NEMO) related to legal learnings and discuss impacts on current Operations practices.
- Assist with online tools to track US-Canada Legal work in support of Operations growth across platforms.
What You’ll Need
A bachelor’s degree is required, and an MBA is a plus. Candidates possessing a combination of any of the skills below will receive priority consideration:
- A minimum of 8 years of business operational experience, with at least 3-5 years at a global ride sharing or technology company.
- A demonstrated balance of leadership, strategic thinking, and business risk/operations skills.
- An ability to appropriately prioritize multiple projects.
- A strong understanding of the unique regulatory environment in which Uber operates.
- Strong business judgment, communication abilities, and analytical and collaboration skills.
- Ability to successfully partner with business, operations, legal and compliance professionals to drive strategy to completion.
- Self-motivated, works independently and possess strong organization and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently without being overly dependent on detailed instructions.
- Capacity to be a utility player on cross-functional teams within the organization.
- Excellent project management skills.
- Willingness to travel, as needed.
About the TeamWe are building one of the most effective, talented and ethical Legal teams, grounded in our core values of transparency, integrity and accountability. Incredibly sharp, talented and motivated co-workers joining you in a fast-paced, energized, intense and rewarding work environment.