About the Role
Uber is changing the world, and the Uber Legal Team is proud to be part of that.
The Platforms and Services legal team helps Uber creatively discover the Power of the Platform, and find the full potential of our machine learning and AI initiatives. We are a highly collaborative team that is integrating deeply with its clients to provide innovative solutions. We’re looking for exceptional legal professionals to join our legal team in San Francisco.
This is a cross functional role, working across Uber’s platforms and services, and with multiple PMs and engineers on a wide array of projects, across the entire Uber ecosystem of business units and operations.
General background on Role/Team
- This team will interact with product and engineering teams in support of the core platforms and services that underpin Uber’s business units. Team members are leading experts in the operation of Uber’s platform and related services, and will be focused on the interplay of those platforms and services with issues such as software development and licensing, intellectual property, privacy, information security, machine learning and AI.
- Each person will have relationships directly with clients, have a responsibility to make sure all legal issues from that client are being resolved - whether by them or bring in other members of the wider Uber legal team.
- This role will serve as part generalist, part specialist, part project manager - make sure client is getting answers they need.
- This role and team will face a diversity of complicated legal issues
- This team will require a diversity of legal skill-sets and expertise, so the team as a whole can handle most issues from clients itself
- This role and team will require a high comfort level in handling a variety of legal matters